Adding diagnoses to Rx in Ensora

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
Post Reply
User avatar
wjstarck
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:18 am
Location: Keller, TX
Contact:

Adding diagnoses to Rx in Ensora

Post by wjstarck »

How do I attach a diagnosis to a prescription in Ensora eRx?

Pharmacies are increaslngly asking for them, but I can't find a place to add them. There is a diagnosis dropdown, but can't find where this is populated.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA
justine
Posts: 370
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:59 am

Re: Adding diagnoses to Rx in Ensora

Post by justine »

wjstarck wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 6:34 am How do I attach a diagnosis to a prescription in Ensora eRx?

Pharmacies are increaslngly asking for them, but I can't find a place to add them. There is a diagnosis dropdown, but can't find where this is populated.
Hello wjstarck,

I reached out to a tech with this question and this is what they told me:

Adding a Diagnosis Code
1. Add an ICD-10 code to a Treatment Planned or Completed proc code in Open Dental. See Manual Page ICD-10 Codes. NOTE: Entering in an ICD-9 code in the ICD-10 field will not work.
2. When you launch Ensora, the diagnosis code will show in the Problems tab.
3. Then you can use the Diagnosis drop down to attach.


Thanks!
User avatar
wjstarck
Posts: 951
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:18 am
Location: Keller, TX
Contact:

Re: Adding diagnoses to Rx in Ensora

Post by wjstarck »

Very cool thanks 😎
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA
Post Reply