long standing Image module bug - "Image is too big" - Memory leak?

For users or potential users.
Post Reply
User avatar
drtech
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:44 am
Location: Springfield, MO
Contact:

long standing Image module bug - "Image is too big" - Memory leak?

Post by drtech »

I just encounterd this again today, and I know we have brought this up before, but the image module still has what I belive is a memory leak issue where after opening so many images. It basically stops opening the images with an error that the "image is too big." If you close open dental and restart it, it works fine.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com
User avatar
drtech
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:44 am
Location: Springfield, MO
Contact:

Re: long standing Image module bug - "Image is too big" - Memory leak?

Post by drtech »

any update or progress to fix this issue?
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com
SLeon
Posts: 611
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:00 am

Re: long standing Image module bug - "Image is too big" - Memory leak?

Post by SLeon »

Good morning,

We have not been able to duplicate this issue with the information provided. Can you please reply with the following:
  • Version of Open Dental you are using
  • Exact duplication steps
User avatar
drtech
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:44 am
Location: Springfield, MO
Contact:

Re: long standing Image module bug - "Image is too big" - Memory leak?

Post by drtech »

i am currently using OD 26.1.54, but this bug has occurred as long as we have used the software, since 2005, or maybe when the image module was rebuilt 10 or 15 years ago, I don't remember. It is always when the program has been open a while, most noticible when it has been open for many days or if loading lots if images...i am thinking using the image position buttons to move and show the image on a second screen causes it to happen faster, so I assumed it was a memory leak and after so many images open, it stops working. I do host our images on a separate samba share on Linux and have to 25 years, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com
Post Reply