software of excellence to opendental

For users or potential users.
jkay

software of excellence to opendental

Post by jkay » Wed May 22, 2013 5:20 am

I looked through the open dental site and this forum but I have not seen any mention of Exact the system produced
by software of excellence (Henry Schein).
I was wondering if anyone has moved from Exact to opendental?
If so, was it possible to convert the data successfully?

jsalmon

Re: software of excellence to opendental

Post by jsalmon » Wed May 22, 2013 9:03 am

I only saw: "Kodak Exact Dental" in our conversion list online. http://opendentalsoft.com:1942/Conversi ... nList.aspx
If no one responds to you in a timely manner on this forum, you might want to give us a call or send the conversion team an email (conversions@opendental.com) and they will be able to provide you with more information or get information from you add to our list of software's we convert from.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed May 22, 2013 2:58 pm

I remember at one time OD could not do an Exact conversion.. But at some point in time Spike figured it out. This is an old email.. I remember exact database files had .SOX extensions... I had Open Dental and exact installed on the front desk computers. Exact needed VMWare with.. Windows 98 to get the printing to still work.. I think that is right.

Good Morning-

I wanted to let you know that about a year ago I figured out how to get some of the data out of Exact Dental. I know that you had a customer that wanted to convert. We can pull out information for: carriers, employers, and patient demographics.

Spike
Open Dental

jkay

Post by jkay » Thu May 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Justin Shafer wrote:I remember at one time OD could not do an Exact conversion.. But at some point in time Spike figured it out. This is an old email.. I remember exact database files had .SOX extensions... I had Open Dental and exact installed on the front desk computers. Exact needed VMWare with.. Windows 98 to get the printing to still work.. I think that is right.

Good Morning-

I wanted to let you know that about a year ago I figured out how to get some of the data out of Exact Dental. I know that you had a customer that wanted to convert. We can pull out information for: carriers, employers, and patient demographics.

Spike
Open Dental

Hi
Thanks very much for the replies.
Justin
I had a look at the files but didn't see .SOX ones.
There are very many with .IDX and .FSS endings. Windows cannot open them and when you
use the web service to find the right program, it doesn't know how either.
Are you sure they were SOX? That sounds a bit like SOE which is short for software of excellence and is commonly called that. :?:
Did you have your files converted and if so, how did it go?

jkay

Post by jkay » Thu May 23, 2013 3:41 pm

jsalmon wrote:I only saw: "Kodak Exact Dental" in our conversion list online. http://opendentalsoft.com:1942/Conversi ... nList.aspx
If no one responds to you in a timely manner on this forum, you might want to give us a call or send the conversion team an email (conversions@opendental.com) and they will be able to provide you with more information or get information from you add to our list of software's we convert from.
Hi
I think there's an error there?
Kodak never had anything to do with Exact, they had R4 but I think they have sold it.

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Fri May 24, 2013 9:47 am

I verified that Kodak Exact Dental and Exact Dental are the same thing. Henry Shein most likely bought them out. We are going to add a new entry for "Exact Dental" to alleviate some of the confusion but leave the "Kodak Exact Dental" just in case someone is still using it from back in the day when it was once called that.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Fri May 24, 2013 10:47 am

It's can be very difficult to convert data from that software depending on the version you are using. I strongly urge you to call our conversions department for more information on converting from Exact Dental. Email will often times get you a faster response.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

jkay

Post by jkay » Sat May 25, 2013 5:19 am

OK thanks Jsalmon, I will email them