Page 1 of 1

What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2026 1:27 pm
by ImpactedCanine
What are the actual concurrency limits of the EConnector vs LocalApiService? I know that the remote api has a limit of something like 1 rps. But the EConnector service consumes them and allows for multiple running requests at the same time. It seems the localApiService does not allow for multiple requests to be handled at once and instead executes the requests in the order they were queued?

Re: What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2026 9:12 am
by justine
ImpactedCanine wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 1:27 pm What are the actual concurrency limits of the EConnector vs LocalApiService? I know that the remote api has a limit of something like 1 rps. But the EConnector service consumes them and allows for multiple running requests at the same time. It seems the localApiService does not allow for multiple requests to be handled at once and instead executes the requests in the order they were queued?
Hello ImpactedCanine,

Please see the API Implementation documentation.

Thanks!

Re: What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2026 3:16 pm
by ImpactedCanine
Hi Justine,

I've have read that page, throttling is not what I am referring to. I have a query that I'm sending to /long-query which takes ~10s to execute. If I send 5 of those queries to the EConnector all at once the time for all to complete is ~12 seconds - makes sense there is some auth and serialization overhead. However if I send 5 of these queries to ApiService running on 30223 it takes ~55s. Which would indicate that the ApiService processes these serially?

Re: What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 10:34 am
by justine
ImpactedCanine wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 3:16 pm Hi Justine,

I've have read that page, throttling is not what I am referring to. I have a query that I'm sending to /long-query which takes ~10s to execute. If I send 5 of those queries to the EConnector all at once the time for all to complete is ~12 seconds - makes sense there is some auth and serialization overhead. However if I send 5 of these queries to ApiService running on 30223 it takes ~55s. Which would indicate that the ApiService processes these serially?
Hello ImpactedCanine,

The API Service currently processes one API request at a time. The next request is not processed until the previous request has finished.

Thanks!

Re: What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2026 1:00 pm
by ImpactedCanine
Are there any plans to change this? If not could I request that it be changed?

Re: What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:38 am
by justine
ImpactedCanine wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2026 1:00 pm Are there any plans to change this? If not could I request that it be changed?
Hello ImpactedCanine,

I've spent some time looking into this, and I do think there is some room for improvement in the API Service. I've added a job to research possible enhancements.

Thanks!