What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?
-
ImpactedCanine
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2025 2:51 pm
What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?
What are the actual concurrency limits of the EConnector vs LocalApiService? I know that the remote api has a limit of something like 1 rps. But the EConnector service consumes them and allows for multiple running requests at the same time. It seems the localApiService does not allow for multiple requests to be handled at once and instead executes the requests in the order they were queued?
Re: What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?
Hello ImpactedCanine,ImpactedCanine wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 1:27 pm What are the actual concurrency limits of the EConnector vs LocalApiService? I know that the remote api has a limit of something like 1 rps. But the EConnector service consumes them and allows for multiple running requests at the same time. It seems the localApiService does not allow for multiple requests to be handled at once and instead executes the requests in the order they were queued?
Please see the API Implementation documentation.
Thanks!
-
ImpactedCanine
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2025 2:51 pm
Re: What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?
Hi Justine,
I've have read that page, throttling is not what I am referring to. I have a query that I'm sending to /long-query which takes ~10s to execute. If I send 5 of those queries to the EConnector all at once the time for all to complete is ~12 seconds - makes sense there is some auth and serialization overhead. However if I send 5 of these queries to ApiService running on 30223 it takes ~55s. Which would indicate that the ApiService processes these serially?
I've have read that page, throttling is not what I am referring to. I have a query that I'm sending to /long-query which takes ~10s to execute. If I send 5 of those queries to the EConnector all at once the time for all to complete is ~12 seconds - makes sense there is some auth and serialization overhead. However if I send 5 of these queries to ApiService running on 30223 it takes ~55s. Which would indicate that the ApiService processes these serially?
Re: What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?
Hello ImpactedCanine,ImpactedCanine wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 3:16 pm Hi Justine,
I've have read that page, throttling is not what I am referring to. I have a query that I'm sending to /long-query which takes ~10s to execute. If I send 5 of those queries to the EConnector all at once the time for all to complete is ~12 seconds - makes sense there is some auth and serialization overhead. However if I send 5 of these queries to ApiService running on 30223 it takes ~55s. Which would indicate that the ApiService processes these serially?
The API Service currently processes one API request at a time. The next request is not processed until the previous request has finished.
Thanks!
-
ImpactedCanine
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2025 2:51 pm
Re: What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?
Are there any plans to change this? If not could I request that it be changed?
Re: What are the concurrency differences of LocalApi vs EConnector?
Hello ImpactedCanine,ImpactedCanine wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2026 1:00 pm Are there any plans to change this? If not could I request that it be changed?
I've spent some time looking into this, and I do think there is some room for improvement in the API Service. I've added a job to research possible enhancements.
Thanks!