API ProcTPs question

For requests or help with our API
beacondental

API ProcTPs question

Post by beacondental » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:27 am

I was looking to get the prosthesis replacement GET function in ProcTPs. I don't see it here in this link. Would it be somewhere else?
https://www.opendental.com/site/apiproctps.html

justine

Re: API ProcTPs question

Post by justine » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:39 pm

beacondental wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:27 am
I was looking to get the prosthesis replacement GET function in ProcTPs. I don't see it here in this link. Would it be somewhere else?
https://www.opendental.com/site/apiproctps.html
Hello beacondental,

Within Open Dental, Prosthesis Replacement is only visible if the procedure is not in Canada and the associated procedure code is setup to be prosthesis. Prosthesis is not part of the proctp table.

The following would be true:

procedurecode.IsProsth=true
procedurelog.CodeNum=procedurecode.CodeNum
procedurelog.ProcStatus=TP
procedurelog.Prosthesis="", "I", or "R"
proctp.ProcNumOrig=procedurelog.ProcNum

Currently, retrieving this information requires using a ShortQuery, as they are not returned via API requests.

We can add Prosthesis (and probably DateOriginalProsth and IsDateProsthEst) to procedurelogs GET, if you'd like.

Thanks!

beacondental

Post by beacondental » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:35 pm

Yes, please do add Prosthesis (and probably DateOriginalProsth and IsDateProsthEst) to procedurelogs. We would need the GET and POST functions for all these date sets.

justine

Post by justine » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:59 am

beacondental wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:35 pm
Yes, please do add Prosthesis (and probably DateOriginalProsth and IsDateProsthEst) to procedurelogs. We would need the GET and POST functions for all these date sets.
Good morning beacondental,

For procedurelogs GET, we will add Prosthesis, DateOriginalProsth and IsDateProsthEst, to our development list and will research the feasibility/workflow of adding them to procedurecodes/procedurelogs POST.

There are dozens of requests ahead of this one. I'd estimate at least a six week timeframe.

Thanks!

beacondental

Post by beacondental » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:10 pm

Were you able to research the feasibility/workflow of adding procedurecodes/procedurelogs POST?

justine

Post by justine » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:13 am

beacondental wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:10 pm
Were you able to research the feasibility/workflow of adding procedurecodes/procedurelogs POST?
Not yet.

API job requests are completed in the order they are received. There are dozens of requests ahead of this one.

You have made 12 API feature requests. This one is the most recent, so the API team has not gotten to it yet. However, I can ask about moving this job to the top of your list, if you'd like.

Thanks!

beacondental

Post by beacondental » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:25 am

No, its fine to keep your list as you have it. I was just inquiring about POST function and whether that was feasible.

rochelle

Post by rochelle » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:41 am

ProcedureLogs GET now returns the requested fields: Prosthesis, DateOriginalProsth, and IsDateProsthEst.
This method is now available in version 23.3.9. Please see: ProcedureLogs for more information.

beacondental

Post by beacondental » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:33 pm

Thank you for this. I did see this in beta version. Would it be possible to add IsDateProthEst POST and Prosthesis POST.

rochelle

Post by rochelle » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:49 am

With the completion of the GET for these fields, we have begun research into enhancing our procedurelogs PUT/POST for them as well. We will reply to this post when we have more information to provide you. Thank you for being patient as we take the time to ensure the safety and integrity necessary for the implementation of your request.

rochelle

Post by rochelle » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:48 am

After careful review of the implementation requirements for these three fields, we have deemed them safe and are moving forward with their development.