Visual Studio 2017 / 2019?

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
ajhalls

Visual Studio 2017 / 2019?

Post by ajhalls » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Curious if you guys are still using the old 2015 or have updated to 2017 or 2019? I am trying to compile the 19.2 and having trouble with it. I had to manually specify to use C# 7.2 language version, Default latest didn't work even though 7.3 was there. I was getting the mixed mode errors, even though the fix was already in the app.config. I now only have 7200 more errors to get through, but they are mostly stupid stuff like this:

Code: Select all

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'CodeBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Adstra.cs	7	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'OpenDentBusiness' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Adstra.cs	8	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'Program' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Adstra.cs	19	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'Patient' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Adstra.cs	19	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'OpenDentBusiness' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Apixia.cs	7	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'CodeBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Apixia.cs	8	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'Program' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Apixia.cs	36	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'Patient' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Apixia.cs	36	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'OpenDentBusiness' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Apteryx.cs	7	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'CodeBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Apteryx.cs	9	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'Program' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Apteryx.cs	21	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'Patient' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\Apteryx.cs	21	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'OpenDentBusiness' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\ApteryxImage.cs	3	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'OpenDentBusiness' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\AudaxCeph.cs	8	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'CodeBase' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	OpenDental	C:\OpenDental\OpenDental\Bridges\AudaxCeph.cs	10	Active
I have tried deleting and recreating the references, but that hasn't helped. All the projects but OpenDental built successfully.
Dr. Alan Halls DMD
alan@reminderdental.com
ReminderDental.com - A new way to save

cmcgehee

Re: Visual Studio 2017 / 2019?

Post by cmcgehee » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:44 am

We are using Visual Studio 2019.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

richberman

Post by richberman » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:38 am

Will VS2019 Community version work. I tried it unsuccessfully.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:09 am

Make sure your solution is set to Debug x86.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com