Cancel Button set as ButtonCancel not working 13.1.x

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
mukesh

Cancel Button set as ButtonCancel not working 13.1.x

Post by mukesh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:47 am

I observe that pressing the ESC key on many forms does not lead to closing the eand one always need to use the mouse to click on the cancel button. Seems the CancelButton is not assigned the ButCanel property in such forms. A very small change but is need to all the forms. Is this being planned?

jsalmon

Re: Cancel Button set as ButtonCancel not working 13.1.x

Post by jsalmon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:00 pm

No this is not a planned change. It's the same issue as pressing the Enter key does not always lead to the equivalent functionality of pushing the OK button.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

mukesh

Post by mukesh » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:37 pm

For the OK button I could see your reply "fixed for v13.1.4 but not yet released." So the OK button issue will be resolved in future releases. As the ESC key not working is not planned as you mentioned, wondering if my changes could be some help as I am changing all forms on my local source code to have the ESC key working. I could make my changes available for review if needed

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:29 pm

No, that's not what that bug fix was for. Let me put it this way, you can click the Enter button on some windows and the OK button will be "clicked". An example would be FormLogOn.cs. We have many forms that do not have the AcceptButton set. An example would be FormSheetFillEdit.cs. There is no plan as of right now to go through all of the windows in the program (which you know, there are a lot) and set the AcceptButton property. With that being said, there is also no plan as of right now to do the same thing for the ESC key.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com