Import PAtient data to OD

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
timtoo

Import PAtient data to OD

Post by timtoo » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:43 am

Hello,

I am currently working on to provide the support of dental software in SIngapore and Malaysia. Few of my dentist friends, they are really impressed by this application. It is killer application...

Anyway, I am trying to import patient data from ACT and other local customized dental software and have the following questions:

1. I have the family information, I notice the field of Guarantor in Patient control the family group. So, modifying the Gurantor field should suffice the importing family information? In this case, I just pick randomly the Guarantor in the family group via my query before importing. Will this creates any problem?
2. What other issues to be considered when importing patient data directly to backend MySQL?
3. I see there is "culture" setting where you can set US , AU or etc so that you could have different e.g. statement/invoice printout, etc. How to set that in OD?

Thanks in advance!

One of the pround supporter of OD in Asia...
Tim

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Import PAtient data to OD

Post by jordansparks » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:46 am

1. No problems at all.
2. Make sure strings are empty rather than null. Make sure everyone has a billing type and a provider. Run the db maint tool when you are done. If you are importing into other tables besides just the patient table, there are all sorts of things to think about, but it would be hard to list them here.
3. Just set the user's computer to the correct culture and the program will see it. The program does not store the user's culture in the database anywhere.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

timtoo

Post by timtoo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanks Jordan,

Yes, I have managed to import about 6000 patients into OD and working well now for the time being.

The only issue now I am facing is to import the last meeting date into OD form anotehr system, so that the REcall coudl then be triggered. Which tables I should import in? I have lokded the table structure and the DB xml file, could not identify which is the correct table.....Thanks again...

Cheers, Tim

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:48 am

You can manually create entries in the recall table. Just set the date due, and you're good to go.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

timtoo

Import Patient data to OD

Post by timtoo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:19 am

Yes, it works .......thanks.