Querying the audit trail

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
atd

Querying the audit trail

Post by atd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm trying to create a query that would show the length of time between when an appointment was created and the actual appointment date. Is this possible using the securitylog table? I notice when viewing the appointment audit trail it shows activity for all the appointments for that patient, not just the appointment you have open. So, it doesn't look like to me this can be done, but wanted to double-check.

Another securitylog query idea came up today as well. I'd like to view any adjustments that have been created (so I could see which users were adjusting accounts), but exclude the ones that were $0 (i.e. broken appointments).

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Querying the audit trail

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:39 pm

It's possible starting in 12.3 using this new feature:
SecurityLog.FKey added so that appointment audit is for a single appointment only.
So once you start using 12.3, and appointments made from that point on will be linked to the individual appointment. It's a good reason to not wait too long before moving to 12.3.

Yes, your security log idea could be done with a query.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com