ContextSwitchDeadLock While Debugging/Converting to 5.3 ?

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
opensource

ContextSwitchDeadLock While Debugging/Converting to 5.3 ?

Post by opensource » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:33 pm

Hello Team,

Has anyone got the error 'ContextSwitchDeadLock' while Converting from 5.0.X to 5.3.X. I tried to do the Conversion in the Debug Mode and I get the 'ContextSwitchDeadLock' Error Popup Window.

-----
The CLR has been unable to transition from COM context 0x1a04e0 to COM context 0x1a0650 for 60 seconds. The thread that owns the destination context/apartment is most likely either doing a non pumping wait or processing a very long running operation without pumping Windows messages. This situation generally has a negative performance impact and may even lead to the application becoming non responsive or memory usage accumulating continually over time. To avoid this problem, all single threaded apartment (STA) threads should use pumping wait primitives (such as CoWaitForMultipleHandles) and routinely pump messages during long running operations.
------

While I hit the continue buttong, It opens the OpenDentBusiness.DataConnection Object and returns the control to Line # 374 (rowsChanged = cmd.ExecuteNonQuery())

Anyone seen this one before. Any tips to get around it would be helpful.

Cheers,

OpenSource

opensource

Post by opensource » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:26 pm

Never Mind, Figured it out myself. Looks like VC# has a option where you can set if it should give you this particular message, if your processing takes too long (Which is what the conversion was doing). Once I unchecked it..it worked fine.

Hope the above info, helps any other newbie like me.

Cheers,

OpenSource