image folders improvements

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
enamelrod

image folders improvements

Post by enamelrod » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:02 am

Is there a way to have sub folders for the image folders.
I would like to create subfolders to allow to help organize the scanned information by year. So last years insurance info would be under 09 insurance folder nested inside of the insurance main folder. Is it posible

and also the ability to drag and drop directly into the folders?

also ability to add security to folders so only certain security levels can see information

tmv2

Re: image folders improvements

Post by tmv2 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:59 pm

I have the same problem. We started scanning all of paper documents into the system and they begin to get unmanageable. The ability to create subfolders and organize documents by year would be nice.

In addition, there is an annoying bug with the image categories. By default when you click on the Image Module, all the categories open automatically for the selected patient. Even if you close some of the category folders and go to other modules, they will all open the next time you click on the Image Module. We have patients with 20+ scanned history documents and this issue make it difficult to navigate to the document/folder of interest when all the docs in the folders are exposed.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: image folders improvements

Post by jordansparks » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:21 am

Well, that's not really a bug. It's behaving the way it was designed. But it is annoying. I believe there are some existing feature requests related to this topic. Part of the clumsy feel of the tree list is because we were trying to make it compatible with Linux a few years back. Now that we don't care about Linux, we can make it have a nicer look and feel. We track the interest level through the feature request system.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com