Few Minor Bugs

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
tmv2

Few Minor Bugs

Post by tmv2 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:36 am

1) Claimattach table has orphan records not sure how this happened. There are records in the claimattach table that point to non-exist claimnum. The Database Maintenance tool doesn't solve this. I have to run a manual DB update: (delete from claimattach where claimnum not in (select claimnum from claim));

2) When removing an attachment from a claim/preauth the DB record is deleted, but the physical file remains on the filesystem in EmailAttachments folder. This takes up a lot of space over time. I have a perl script that does this clean up and it reduced my storage space from 129MB to 39MB for the EmailAttachment folder for a year worth of data.

2.5) When removing a patient picture, the file in D/DoeJohn123/DoeJohn15.jpg is deleted but the corresponding thumbnail in the subdir D/DoeJohn123/Thumbnails/DoeJohn15.jpg remains. Also I get the wrong file extension warning for D/DoeJohn123/Thumbnails/DoeJohn15.jpg when my image viewer try to open it as a PGN instead of a JPG. Something with the extension must went wrong when the thumbnail was created.

3) Email attachments in the EmailAttachments folder and table emailattach.actualFileName are missing file extensions (e.g. info.text -> 20090801_463021875000258, instead of 20090801_463021875000258.txt)

4) When deleting a sent email with an attachment in Progress Notes window, the record in emailmessage table is deleted but the record for the attachment in the emailattach table remains, resulting in an orphan record. Also the attachment file still remains in the filesystem (see 2 above).

These are minor bugs that don't affect the application, but it would be nice to see them fixed when there's time.