An idea for ABC0

For users or potential users.
mzrdmd

An idea for ABC0

Post by mzrdmd » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:34 am

Jordan, in regard to the ABC0's, would it be possible to make the field 2 characters instead of 1 ?

What I want to be able to do is assign a number AND a letter to each patient.

For example, the best patients, who show up, pay their bill, are easy to work on, and follow my recommendations would be A1.

Those who show up, pay their bill, but are hard to work on would be A2.

Etc., etc., on through as many numbers and letters as needed, up through F5 or something like that.

Then, we would be able to run queries on just select groups of people.

Also, who can teach me how to write queries so that I can quit bothering everyone else ?

Thanks,

Mike
Jordan Sparks ROCKS !

drtech

Re: An idea for ABC0

Post by drtech » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:47 am

Yes, we use a 2 Letter/Numeral system as well (eg. A1, C5 etc) and have thought about needing that as well. That should be an easy addition I think, and then we would just need to increase the size of the square box on the appointments to be able to show 2 characters.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:08 am

Too complicated right now. If we increase the size of the square, it will be different sizes for different offices. This is too complicated. It will be easier once we get a general purpose icon framework for appointments. Can't it be added to a patient note? It will show when hovering. There are many ways of doing this other than allowing two characters. I would oppose this change right now.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

mzrdmd

Post by mzrdmd » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:22 pm

jordansparks wrote:Too complicated right now. If we increase the size of the square, it will be different sizes for different offices. This is too complicated. It will be easier once we get a general purpose icon framework for appointments. Can't it be added to a patient note? It will show when hovering. There are many ways of doing this other than allowing two characters. I would oppose this change right now.
I don't understand why it would have to be different sizes for different offices. Right now all offices have one space. After the change, all offices would have 2 spaces. But, like I said, I don't understand, so I will take your word for it.

I guess another way that I could do it would be to simply assign letter designations, so that A would be easy to work on, good payers, etc., and B would be good payers but a bit more difficult to work on, and so on until G or H which would be hard to work on, but good payers, and so on, until we get to Z which would be patients we have dismissed, Y would be patients that we do not want to contact again and hope that they go elsewhere, etc.

The 26 letter designations woudl give us room to go from A1 to E5, and, technically, F1, if we want to.

A = A1
B = A2
C = A3
D = A4
E = A5
F = B1
J = B5
O = C5
T = D5
Y = E5
Z = F1

We can make this work.