easiest way to enter treatment in opendental at time of exam

For users or potential users.
sam farmer

easiest way to enter treatment in opendental at time of exam

Post by sam farmer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:59 pm

hi ,i am looking for guidance for easiest and quickly entering tx directly in the computer at time of exam.we are paperless office ,but we have to use paper first for charting at time of exam and later enter into computer

wjstarck

Re: easiest way to enter treatment in opendental at time of

Post by wjstarck » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:04 am

sam farmer wrote:we have to use paper first for charting at time of exam and later enter into computer
Why?

Why not just do the charting directly into the computer when you're doing the exam?
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:27 pm

I have an assistant enter everything while I examine the patient. I start by listing the missing teeth, then caries, existing restorations, defective restorations, etc. We then take x-rays and I check them and enter anything additional and also enter treatment alternatives while the patient is getting their prophy done.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

drtech

Post by drtech » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:57 pm

In our office, the assistant types all the findings in the exam notes while we are live in the exam on her laptop (every tx room has a Dr's computer at 12 o'clock and an assistant laptop computer @ 9 o'clock, behind the assistant, sitting on a small shelf mounted to the wall for them to type all notes, keep track of the schedule, etc)then after the exam, you can take the extra time to actually click the buttons to enter the tx and procedures in the chart, no paper needed.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

notsosuperman1

Post by notsosuperman1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:06 pm

I just posted a new thread about a script I created to solve this very problem. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7175&p=31900&hilit=charting#p31900