Patient Portal - file path not found

For users or potential users.
Rickliftig

Patient Portal - file path not found

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:32 am

Initially, the portal worked (using it for referrals to other doctors), but now am getting the error message "File path not found" when trying to access attachments.

Any ideas?

best,

RL
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jsalmon

Re: Patient Portal - file path not found

Post by jsalmon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:28 am

That will happen when the server cannot find the corresponding attachment file within your EmailAttachments folder in your AtoZ share. Is the attachment file present in that directory?
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:44 am

Hi Jason -

In this last case, there were three files: a pdf and two jpgs. All three are present in the subdir, but they have different names than what is seen in the encrypted e-mail attachment list. They are listed in the subdir by date modified and not date sent.
thanks,

Rick

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:23 am

The names of the files have to match exactly. The easiest solution will be to rename the files themselves to match instead of trying to update the name of the file within the database. Do you by chance know how the names of the files got changed? If from within Open Dental I can make this a bug and get the file names to be synced. However, if the file name changes outside of Open Dental I won't be able to update the database to match because I won't know what file it the correct one (unless we are fine with some false positives which I personally wouldn't be okay with).
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:20 am

Jason - here's what I found:

The filename from the OpenDentImages Directory is usually something like: LiftigStuart1026.jpg The file in the e-mail attachments folder has an added prefix named: 20160114_605007385878_HDJ8_LiftigStuart1026JPG

I have no idea where that prefix comes from and if that might be the cause of the "FIlepath not found" message.

Rick

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:46 am

It sounds like you're comparing the name of the specific file associated to the patient and not the file in the EmailAttachments folder in the AtoZ share.

E.g.
Patient specific files:
//path/to/AtoZ/OpenDentImages/L/Liftig308/LiftigStuart1026.jpg

but instead you should be looking for the "20160114_605007385878_HDJ8_LiftigStuart1026.JPG" within the EmailAttachments folder (which is why they are named so uniquely):

//path/to/AtoZ/OpenDentImages/EmailAttachments/20160114_605007385878_HDJ8_LiftigStuart1026.JPG

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:42 am

That's exactly right, Jason. So here's the scenario: I generate an e-mail using the Webmail button and add the attachments from that window. but, they get sent out in the simple form. After the fact, the entries can be found in the long form in the outgoing folder, but they have not been sent from that one.

So is this a path set-up issue?

FWIW, it was working on the version prior to 15.4.16

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:02 pm

Rickliftig wrote:So is this a path set-up issue?

FWIW, it was working on the version prior to 15.4.16
I don't think this is a path issue, I just wanted to make sure we are both on the same page before I delve too far into the issue. I think we are both on the same page and now I'll go take a look at the code to make sure it is acting as expected. I'm assuming it's going to be a bug by your last description of the issue. Thanks for being patient with me.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:44 pm

Just a quick update:
I have successfully tested sending a web mail with an attachment in v16.1 (under development) and it worked. We do in fact display a "friendly" file name to the patient in the portal but behind the scenes will use a different file name. So my above statement about making your file match the portal display is incorrect (my apologies).

My test went:
1. Opened Open Dental -> sent Web Mail to portal with attached file called "SalmonJason14.pdf".
2. Behind the scenes Open Dental created a file ...AtoZ\EmailAttachments\20160120_59258461176822.pdf
3. Logged into the Patient Portal -> Attachment shows up as blue hyperlink and says "SalmonJason14.pdf".
4. Clicked on hyperlink in portal and 20160120_59258461176822.pdf was successfully downloaded to my Downloads folder.

I will test this in v15.4 next as to make sure it isn't a bug that was inadvertently fixed in our "head" development environment. As of right now my best suggestion is to make sure that NO computers in your office have an AtoZ path override set (storing attachments somewhere other than the share). The quickest way to check (if you have lots of workstations that is) is to run the following query and make sure NOTHING gets returned:

Code: Select all

SELECT ComputerName,AtoZPath FROM computerpref WHERE AtoZpath!=''
If the above query returns some computers, you need to go check whatever path they have set (typically C:\OpenDentImages) and see if it has the missing file is sitting in that EmailAttachments folder. Then all you have to do is copy (or cut) and paste it into the good path (typically something like \\SERVER\OpenDentImages).

Note edit: Just finished testing v15.4.21 (on my local machine) and the attachment worked for me. You might have to call and let our eService troubleshooting team see it happen in real time if my above suggestion doesn't help you out at all.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:33 am

Thanks for the very complete posting Jason - I'll have to continue via phone when I get some free time. Gotta go back to the day job.

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:05 pm

Jason - Richelle has uploaded my database.

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:12 pm

You aren't going to like this but I tested sending an attachment with your database to a new patient (myself) and it worked like a champ. The only difference is that I'm using the most recent v15.4 (had to upgrade your db which was at a lower version) but I don't recall any bug fixes for the patient portal so I doubt updating would help... I'd recommend making a test patient yourself and sending an attachment to see if it works and if it doesn't, then we'll have to trouble shoot the issue on your computer instead of on our own here cause the problem might be with transmitting the file (it might be timing out and just giving a poor error message?) and I'm just not getting the error because I'm here at HQ and don't have any network lag?

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:31 am

And now it's working for me too... computers...

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Hello,
Found this topic searching for the "file path not found" phrase. Suggest if I should start is as a separate topic.
One of my patients just called and told me that "the links to the statements are broken" in patient portal.
I went in myself and checked through my account. Just to be sure used another dummy patient acount.
The test goes like this.
In OD i create the walkout statement and click ok (not sending anywhere, just generating the statement).
Go to patientortal, log in and see under "Account" tab "Statements" an entry named Statement and a link that says "Open". Clicking on the "Open" brings the pop-up "file path not found". The Payments tab is empty despite I posted one payment in there.
I can get you the link and password to that dummy pt account so you can log in and see what i mean. There's no hippa protected info in there.

The same thing I see if I create the webmail and attach the files. Click on "Attach", see 2 files in the folder that has the path that says Z:\OpenDentImages\D\TestDad843 , attach both pdf and jpeg files, fill out subject and body and hit send.
Go to portal, Webmail, Inbox, verify that i see the new email, it shows attachment sign, open it, verify that I see the proper subject and body, click on either attachment and see the pop-up "file path not found'.

I am on OD 15.3.41.0

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:52 pm

This is a perfect thread to add this kind of information. I'll try and see if I can duplicate the issue with v15.3 (I haven't tested yet due to Dr. Liftig being on v15.4). I don't like that multiple people are having this issue, especially when it is reproducible on your end. I'll post back with my v15.3 findings and may have to PM you for the credentials (hopefully not because I really need to step through the code to find the real problem and do believe you guys when you claim to have this error).

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:57 am

v15.3.46 in my development environment and in our live production environment worked for me.
I've never been so upset that things are working on my end before :x

The nice thing about v15.3 is that your sever (whatever computer is hosting your OpenDentCustListener service) should be making a Windows Application Log when errors like this happen. Please visit your patient portal with your test account, try to download an attachment (duplicate the error) and then go to your server and report back here with the text in the OpenDentWeb error log entry:
  1. Right click on My Computer and select Manage.
  2. Expand System Tools, Event Viewer, Windows Logs, then click on Application.
  3. You can filter this event log for Event Source ‘OpenDentWeb’.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:45 pm

I remember testing it first myself prior to giving other patients the access and everything was working fine.

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:20 pm

ForrestGumpDDS wrote:I remember testing it first myself prior to giving other patients the access and everything was working fine.
Thank you for posting the logs. I forgot that there is some sensitive information in it so I removed it from the public forum. This helps me greatly!

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Hello everyone,
I just noticed the problem returned back.
One of my patients call me about trouble getting into te patient portal with the following message:
One of my patients wrote:Good morning!

I can't access patient portal. I know my password, I'm just getting error: "Internal server error. Please notify the dental office to call support or try again later."

Could you please email me the orthodontist referral?
I assumed that the problem he was having was at log in level.
I tried to reproduce it from my office where the server and all the workstations are and was able to log in with a test patient, confirm seeing the test webmail with the instructions of retrieving the referral letter. However clicking on those ccd.xml and ccd.xsl files brings me a pop-up "path not found". I also see this message if I go to Care summary: 'Error: Your provider has not setup this patient to view Continuity of Care Documents. Please contact your provider." The later I guess could be normal, but "path not found" is definitely not. To cover the later error I should mention that I made sure that the address, dates of birth and phone numbers are all entered correctly on the Test patient and his test children patients and relationships are indicated in the patient information edit window. No luck though. (***UPDATE***. That one was due to the missing birth date on one of the test patient relatives that happened to be on the top of the list of all the relatives. Works now :roll: )

I am on 16.1.29.0 version, I see that the listener service got retired and eConnector service replaced the listener service.
  1. checked my firewall, 25255 is open and the traffic is routed to the appropriate IP address (indicated in Misc Setup -> Update Server Name).
  2. Service manager shows 2 services, OpenDent [installed,stopped] and eConnector - [installed, working].
  3. "Allow eConnector to communicate" box is checked.
  4. The logs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Open Dental\OpenDentalEConnector\Logger are not raising any suspicions.
I went ahead and re-installed the OD as per these instructions:
Reinstall Open Dental.
a. In the Service Manager, stop the service.
b. On the computer that hosts the service, browse to server's OpenDentImages folder, right click on Setup.exe and run as administrator.
c. Restart the service.
d. In the Misc Setup set the Update Server Name to the name of the computer that hosts the service so all future updates occur from this computer.
I have not manually reinstalled eConnector service yet.
So, where do I start?

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:49 am

any suggestions?

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:51 am

You might check the Event Viewer to see if there are any logs with additional information within there since "The logs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Open Dental\OpenDentalEConnector\Logger are not raising any suspicions."

Otherwise I'd just call in and have the eServices team troubleshoot with you. It's probably something small that is out of wack which they should be able to find.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Thanks, Jason.
What's the name of the service I will have to narrow my search by when checking event viewer?

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:40 pm

OpenDentWeb or just OpenDent to make sure you get them all.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Jason, I did what you suggested, there were a few log events related to starting or stopping the eConnection service, nothing special. I am inclined to think that the guy made it up. I will double check with him when he's in the office, so I can see on my own where the problem is. Other wise I cannot reproduce the issue on my side.