Attaching doctor letters to a tooth

For users or potential users.
maboffice

Attaching doctor letters to a tooth

Post by maboffice » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:51 am

Our old software had a feature where we could double click a tooth and add a note to it. When we would get dr letters in from doctors we would refer out to, we would type the info into the tooth note so we could refer back to it easily later. My question is, is there a way to add an empty note onto a tooth so our office could do this?

KevinRossen

Re: Attaching doctor letters to a tooth

Post by KevinRossen » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:58 pm

maboffice wrote:Our old software had a feature where we could double click a tooth and add a note to it. When we would get dr letters in from doctors we would refer out to, we would type the info into the tooth note so we could refer back to it easily later. My question is, is there a way to add an empty note onto a tooth so our office could do this?
Not sure if this is quite the same as what you're looking for, but we have a procedure called "Tooth Watch" that we use to watch teeth. I can't remember if it's a default code in the software or not, but it puts a big W above the tooth on the chart and adds it to their treatment plan. I think you might be able to do something similar to that with a procedure code. The other thought I have is through images. It sound like the main function you're looking for is looking at the notes from other doctors. You could scan those letters into a patients images and add appropriate tooth numbers in the info box. The downside to the images is that I don't know that there's a way to easily see images from the cart, so you'll still have to click over to the images module.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com