Track medicaid pre-authorizations

For users or potential users.
jdub

Track medicaid pre-authorizations

Post by jdub » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:22 am

We just started using Open Dental today. One of my tedious manual tasks is tracking pre-authorizations for Medicaid, which are required to be approved before the date of service for certain procedures. I don't think OD has anything that does this. I was just wondering if anyone else is attempting to track these in OD, and if so, what your process is. I was thinking I could adapt the lab case tracker to this use.

This might be a good candidate for a feature request, but what would be ideal is that when certain procedures are treatment planned for Medicaid patients, they go on to a list of procedures that need to be pre-authorized, which can be viewed at the end of the day or week. Then when we get the pre-authorization back in the mail, we check it in, so that there is an indicator in scheduled appointments that the pre-authorization is either approved or denied, and there is a list of unscheduled treatments that have recieved pre-authorization or that possibly need to be resubmitted because of denial.

Thanks for any suggestions.