multi page sheets

For users or potential users.
Pruce Dental

multi page sheets

Post by Pruce Dental » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Jordan...

started playing with the 14.3 beta and the multipage sheets. Can you allow all of the input type fields to show on every sheet type?..I am trying to create a multipage sheet for the registration form, medical history, dental history and HIPAA all in one multipage versus asking the patient to sign 5 separate sheets with the Topaz pad...As is now in version 14.3, I can only choose between the "patient form" type or "medical history" type sheets formats and loose many of the input fields either way.

Also will the multipage sheets load correctly on the webforms?
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jsalmon

Re: multi page sheets

Post by jsalmon » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Pruce Dental wrote:Can you allow all of the input type fields to show on every sheet type?
Yes. It will have to be a feature request and it is far more complicated than you'd imagine.
Pruce Dental wrote:As is now in version 14.3, I can only choose between the "patient form" type or "medical history" type sheets formats and loose many of the input fields either way.
This is the part where your request gets complicated. In many places in the software we do very specific logic depending on what sheet type the sheet has like when importing filled out sheets.
Pruce Dental wrote:Also will the multipage sheets load correctly on the webforms?
Currently they cannot show multipaged sheets. However, they will soon be able to handle them.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:48 pm

I just uploaded the new Web Forms framework this morning which should be able to display multi-paged sheets and will visually show URLs that take advantage of our ability to "Link Multiple Web Forms Together"
http://opendental.com/manual/webforms.html

That web page will be getting updated very soon to show the new look of the web forms that the patients will be seeing.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

moabite

Post by moabite » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Great News - this update has brought us back to webforms!

This may be a known issue (I know 14.3 is beta) but when printing a completed multipage sheet, it's only printing page 1, not able to get page 2 to print.

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:08 pm

moabite wrote:Great News - this update has brought us back to webforms!

This may be a known issue (I know 14.3 is beta) but when printing a completed multipage sheet, it's only printing page 1, not able to get page 2 to print.
Wonderful! It very well may be a known / already fixed issue. When on our beta version I always highly recommend users either pay close attention to our bug tracker or check for updates nightly / weekly before going home. The bug you mentioned might already be fixed for you depending on what minor (14.3.X) version you are on.

If I had to guess the bug, I'd guess it was "Multipage sheets sent to kiosk would sometimes print incorrectly." which was released back in 14.3.7
Bug page: http://opendentalsoft.com:1942/ODBugTra ... sions.aspx

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

moabite

Post by moabite » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:41 am

Sounds good - will check out the bug tracker and keep an eye on frequent updates.

pdosa

Post by pdosa » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:15 pm

jsalmon wrote:
Pruce Dental wrote:Can you allow all of the input type fields to show on every sheet type?
Yes. It will have to be a feature request and it is far more complicated than you'd imagine.
Pruce Dental wrote:As is now in version 14.3, I can only choose between the "patient form" type or "medical history" type sheets formats and loose many of the input fields either way.
This is the part where your request gets complicated. In many places in the software we do very specific logic depending on what sheet type the sheet has like when importing filled out sheets.
Is there a current feature request for this? I searched for it and couldn't find one, but was wondering if anyone else knew of one. Because I would definitely vote on that. Our office currently doesn't have a kiosk, so we are trying to save trees and not use as much paper for the "updates" which in our office consists of the Patient Form (basically the Registration Form) and the Medical Update. It would also make our receptionist very happy because it would save her time and she will do an awesome happy dance. :lol:

Thanks,

Kathy (and the rest of the Pediatric Dentistry of San Antonio team)