Irritating Behavior - Default Note

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Irritating Behavior - Default Note

Post by jclaydds » Mon May 05, 2014 7:20 am

Over the weekend, I updated from Version 13.2.X to Version 14.2.9 and also raised my fees. I suspect the change in behavior I am going to describe is from the update to the new version and not the fee increase but just thought I would mention that I did both. The change in behavior is with default notes that are put into the procedure list that show up every time you complete a procedure. Previously, when you clicked on a procedure to edit it, the cursor position was always at the end of the default note so you were ready to start typing and add to the note any appropriate information (Shade, etc). With the update, the cursor position is at the beginning of the default note. After clicking on the procedure to edit it, you have to move the cursor with the mouse or your keyboard to the proper position at the end of the note before you can start typing. Can you change this back to the old behavior so the cursor will be at the end of the note when you click on the procedure to edit it? Thanks!

jsalmon

Re: Irritating Behavior - Default Note

Post by jsalmon » Mon May 05, 2014 9:58 am

Correct, this was part of our v14.2.9 release:
"Procedure edit notes text box was automatically scrolling to the bottom of the note upon load."
http://opendentalsoft.com:1942/ODBugTra ... sions.aspx

We had people complaining that it changed from defaulting to the top of the note to the bottom (this changed roughly back in v13.1). I'm asking around to see if we can't get you guys a setting so that you can decide how you want the notes to load.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Mon May 05, 2014 11:46 am

Well -- I guess a setting to change how the note loads would be ideal. I guess it depends on whether you append the default note at the beginning or end of the note. In our office, we always append (edit) the note by adding something to the end of the note so we would like the cursor to be at the end when it loads. I can see where other offices that edit the beginning of the note would like the cursor to show up at the beginning of the note. Just shows that all offices have different preferences and it is hard to make everyone happy. Thanks.

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:27 am

Sorry to bring up this old post but unfortunately.....this problem has returned. As noted in the previous posts, we often edit notes. When we double click on a procedure, we would prefer the cursor always be at the end of a note. It has always been that way except for a short time back in Version 14.2.X. During that short time, the cursor started to appear at the end of the note. We had to click on the end of the note before we could start editing or adding to our note. This behavior (cursor at the beginning of the note) just reoccurred when I updated to Version 15.3.24 over the weekend. I believe I was on 15.3.22 prior to the update and this problem was not present with that version. Could someone look into getting the cursor back to the end of the note again? Thanks.

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:08 pm

I'll have someone look into it and get back to you.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:25 pm

The current behavior when the Procedure Info window opens is to to put the cursor at the end of the notes text box if the Date Entry of procedure is today. The cursor is put at the end of the notes if the Date Entry is not today. If you open a procedure that was created or set complete today, does the cursor still start at the top?
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:19 am

You are indeed correct. I didn't catch the fact yesterday that the behavior was different on a procedure dated today as compared to a previous date. My two cents would be that I prefer the cursor to always show up at the end of the note when editing. It is not uncommon for me to catch up on my charts today from patients that I saw yesterday. Not a huge issue but that would be my preference. Thanks.