JLM

Provider names on schedule columns

Post by JLM » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:08 pm

_____OP1___OP2___OP3___OP4___OP5
Mon...ts......jm......ts......jm......jj
Tue....ts......jm......ts......jm.....jj
Wed...eg......jm......jj......jm.....jj
Thu....eg......jm......jj......jm.....jj

This is what our provider schedule looks like. Instead of or in addition to OP1, OP2,OP3 etc. at the top of the columns, I would like to have the provider name too so that the receptionists can be sure they are scheduling a patient with their preferred provider. It appears that the colored stripe could clue them in but a name would be better.

Is it possible? something I will have to program myself?

James Margarit, DDS

mopensoft

Re: Provider names on schedule columns

Post by mopensoft » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Yes because you can access the schedule of each operation to get who are the provider. However, one operation at certain time can be assigned to multiple providers and one provider can look after multiple ops. So how do you decide which provider should be display at the top column.

FYI, you can look at function LayoutScrollOpProv() in ContrAppt.cs which layout the appointment grid. Line 1431 is where the column header is set.

Hope it helps
MOpenSoft

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:05 am

So I think I might have a solution but as I see it the major challenge is to have the columns change for different days. Basically what you need to do is setup an operatory for each provider. op1=ts op2=jm etc. Then go to (setup/operatories) and change the abbreviation of the ops to reflect the provider. Now when you have op1 on the schedule it should display ts at the top. Now all you need to do is create different schedule views for your different days. I.E. view 1 for monday and tuesday showing the ops for those providers and then view 2 for wednesday and thursday showing those providers. It requires that your staff manually switch views twice a week but should cover all your other requests.

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:58 am

Column titles are not dynamic so what you are wanting can't happen within Open Dental yet. bpcomp's workaround was going to be my suggestion. If you wanted this type of functionality right away without having to manipulate the code or by creating a feature request that would be the way I would do it.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

JLM

Post by JLM » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Great! Thanks for the info. I am just getting started learning open dental myself. As a programmer/dentist, I can't stomach Dentrix charging me $5000 a year for access to *MY* data. Hope to have my staff training by summer and going live by Jan 2014.

I will look at both methods and see which works best for me.

Jim Margarit

JLM

Post by JLM » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Got it working perfectly!
1) defined 7 operatories (even though I only have 5) TS1 EG1 JM2 TS3 JJ3 JM4 JJ5
2) setup the schedule to show TS1 JM2 TS3 JM4 JJ5 on Monday and Tuesday
3) setup the schedule to show EG1 JM2 JJ3 JM4 JJ5 on Wednesday and Thursday
4) setup just one view that has "Only show operatories for scheduled providers" checked

We don't have to change views this way.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jim Margarit

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:43 am

Oh nice, I didn't know about that check box until you mentioned it. That works way better than changing views.