Billing questions - payment plans and also parents

For users or potential users.
mzrdmd

Billing questions - payment plans and also parents

Post by mzrdmd » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:41 pm

I've just recently started to dabble with the payment plan feature. I think I must be missing something, but when a patient owes $250, due now, and the patient pays it, do I just enter it as a normal payment or is there a special way it has to be done in the payment plan ? I just entered it as usual, then the patient's account still showed $250 due now in the payment plan window, but showed a balance of -$250. Help ?

Other billing question: In Pennsylvania, if a child is on CHIP, they have their own account, in their own name. Is there a way that I can make the statement print with the parent's name on it instead of sending the bill to the kid ?

Thanks,

Mike
Jordan Sparks ROCKS !

Pruce Dental

Re: Billing questions - payment plans and also parents

Post by Pruce Dental » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:51 pm

I don't do payment plans but can tell you how I do my CHIP children.

I set the child as the subscriber with the insurance plan and keep the parents on the same family account but set one of the parents as the guarantor. The guarantor parent can still even be set as a non-patient. The bill will be sent with the guarantors name.
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:08 pm

Yes, there's a box at the bottom of the payment window which you check to assign it to a payment plan. The payment needs to show up inside the payment plan window amortization schedule, or else it's not really attached to the payment plan.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

mzrdmd

Post by mzrdmd » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:06 am

Got it. Thanks, Pruce Dental and Jordan !

Mike
Jordan Sparks ROCKS !