Interesting Mouse Click "Bug" Creates Duplicate Procedures

For users or potential users.
Rickliftig

Interesting Mouse Click "Bug" Creates Duplicate Procedures

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:21 am

I just witnessed my front desk accidentally create multiple procedures and wanted to pass this along:

She was in the "edit appointment" window and clicking on the "single click items is the window to add" - then either she double clicked, or accidentally hit the right click (at the same time) and created a slew of duplicate procedures. Is there anyway that that region can be limited to one click at a time or a pause put in to limit the issue.

The reason I ask is that there are many accounts where this has happened and it has not been caught by the front desk - not a life-threatening issue by any means, but it has been an annoyance in our office. (I know - it's always a training issue - but I never seem to make these mistakes - only my staff does :lol: )

PS - I have been playing around with it - and possibly an older mouse with "contact bounce" is causing some of the issue - Also, holding the left mouse button down while selecting (in almost a click and dragging motion) can create multiples (which I think she did).
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net