Daily Production v7.4

For users or potential users.
atd

Daily Production v7.4

Post by atd » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:31 pm

New to version 7.4, the appointment module now shows the “net” production for each appointment and for the “Daily Prod” amount instead of the “gross” production. While I understand the value of this, I wanted to bring up the following issues.

1) The estimates are based on the current insurance. This works great for scheduled appointments, but if you want to look back on history (i.e. a month ago) and their insurance is different now than it was then, the amounts are incorrect. If there are claimprocs attached to those procedures, could it use those estimates instead for completed appointments?
2) Since this can be done in the appointment module, can’t it also be done in the account? The account still shows no insurance estimates until the claim is created. Our office does quality assurance before claims are created (to avoid sending claims with errors), so we’re not able to see what should be collected from the patient before they leave. If the family balance could reflect the insurance estimates in the account right away that would be so helpful. Right now our staff is manually calculating patient copays.
3) We prefer to see the Gross production in the appointment module. Could the Daily Prod show both amounts - gross (as before) and net? If not, could we choose which amount we wanted to see (in the appointment view setup)?

Just my 2 cents, hopefully others agree.

drtech

Re: Daily Production v7.4

Post by drtech » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:00 pm

just a tip for you in the mean time: Create the ins claim, get your estimates, then delete the claim if you are not ready to send it and do quality checks.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com