Charting primary teeth

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

Charting primary teeth

Post by fishdrzig » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:01 am

If on the chart we declare a permanent tooth missing and that the primary is present, I noticed that the tooth letter does not show on the charting. Maybe this is a feature request or am I doing it wrong?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Charting primary teeth

Post by jordansparks » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:28 pm

You wouldn't mark it "missing". You would mark it "primary". You might need to simply call us.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:15 am

Jordan
I created a test patient, marked 1,16,17,32 as missing, then as hidden. On the perio chart, the numbers still show up and the automatic probing prompt will still start on tooth #1 distal? Is this the way it works? If so, it is ok, just wondering if I am missing something because the assistant can get confused when recording the numbers.

Primary teeth. If the adult patient has a congenitally missing #20 and a primary #k present, how should this be marked so when probing, #k shows up on the chart and is not skipped over?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:18 pm

On the perio chart, is it the initial exam or a subsequent exam? Missing teeth only copy over for initial exam. And yes, if #1 is missing you do have to click once with the mouse to get the cursor over to the correct starting point.

Depends on if you feel like probing k. You can mark it to skip if you wish.

Just remember that the skipped teeth in the perio chart can be completely different than the missing teeth in the regular chart.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com