Appointment blocks

For users or potential users.
jonesrdh

Appointment blocks

Post by jonesrdh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:14 am

I am the RDH, so I don't have that much experience with the appointment functions other than scheduling Prophys. I am trying to figure out how to make an apt block a solid color. For instance I accidently scheduled a pt for Memorial day because I didn't see that it was a holiday. We marked the day as a holiday but I didn't see the words because they were in the docs column. How can I make the whole day a solid color. I looked into it on the website and couldn't figure it out. I have it now to the point where the blocked out area is outlined in a color but not solid. Thanks.

jonesrdh

Re: Appointment blocks

Post by jonesrdh » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:33 am

I stumbled onto the solution. Under setup, misc there is a block that can be checkmarked for solid block outs vs outlined.

Debbie OD Support

Re: Appointment blocks

Post by Debbie OD Support » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:25 pm

You should be able to block out the day by going to your Setup | Schedule and double click on the day that you want closed. Then you just make sure all of the entries for the providers scheduled that day are deleted. There is also a Holiday button that will take out the entries and put in a Holiday color on the schedule. It also depends on what version you are running on exactly how you would do this.
Debbie
Open Dental Support
971-239-1150
service@opendent.com