Sheets and a letter

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

Sheets and a letter

Post by fishdrzig » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:18 pm

I upgraded at home to 6.3, read through the Sheets section and have a question.
I would like to write a letter to my Oral Surgeon to refer him a patient. How do I do it?
His name and address are in my Contact List. What list does he have to be in so the Sheets program will pull in the information automatically?
Last edited by fishdrzig on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sparkly

Re: Sheets and a letter

Post by sparkly » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:57 pm

I'm still a version behind, but I jsut found out:
Set up your Sheets (use the default ReferralSlip or tweak a new one ReferralOS)--all in Setup - Sheets.
Dr. OS has to have an entry in Lists - Referrals.
If you edit the Dr. OS entry, there's a ReferralSlip pulldown on the lower right.
Choose Default if you want to use the OD-made slip OR choose the new one you made ReferralOS.

Then when you're in the patient info, double click Referral To and add Dr. OS from your referral list. When this is completed, you hit the Referral Slip button and the sheet window comes up for you to finish adding notes, editing anything, and finally emailing/printing.

Good luck with this. I found LetterMerge to be much more flexible and now will have to add about 15 sheets to 'convert'. Hopefully the updates to sheets in 6.3 make it more flexible to set up and use.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:18 pm

In version 6.3, at the top, there is a letter button in the toolbar. Use the dropdown to select the referral source to send the letter to. That's different than a referral slip.

For the above to work, the oral surgeon has to be attached to the patient as a referral.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Related question: In 6.3/6.4, are the generated Sheets documents stored somewhere like a temp folder or an A to Z folder? Or is it always generated on the fly by pulling data from the tables when clicking from the Account/CommLog or Chart entry?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:41 am

Always generated on the fly. Takes up a lot less storage space when you only have to store one copy of a background image, and then refer to it from hundreds of sheets.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:58 pm

How would I go about scanning in a referral slip that my OS prefers us to use? Then, how can I tweak it for my liking? Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:42 pm

That's a normal function that's covered in the manual. The scanning process could be done in our images module or in some other program. Both Windows and your scanner probably have software that would allow you to turn your scan into a jpg. From there, you just start building your referral slip as the manual describes.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

fishdrzig

Post by fishdrzig » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:43 am

I know how to scan a document and/or an image. What I need help with is where to scan the referral slip. I can't scan it into sheets directly so where do I put it, and how do I get it into sheets to modify? Thanks

sparkly

Post by sparkly » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:17 am

Scan your referral slip and save it as a jpeg. When you're in Sheets, make a new referral slip to modify (copy and edit). When you're in this new referral slip, choose the IMAGE button. In there, select the jpeg you want to bring in. It can be anywhere on your drive and will pull it into your OPENDENTAL folder. You can mess with the size and placement of the picture as you can with all other variables for sheets. Then you can add text boxes, etc also.

The scan will be the 'background' on your Sheets document if it's full-page. You can also add logos, credit card pictures, etc by using jpegs.

Tauqir

Post by Tauqir » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:42 am

hi

i have a referral form that is on two pages of A4. Is it possible to have a two page sheet? I have tried to increase the height of the sheet but it does not stretch to two pages.

thanks

Tauqir

OD Version 6.3.8 foreign

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:53 am

That looks like a request that has not yet been submitted.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

Tauqir

Post by Tauqir » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

ok cheers. will do.