Upper and lower case searching in edit insurance

For users or potential users.
drschulman

Upper and lower case searching in edit insurance

Post by drschulman » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:02 pm

We switched to Open Dental in October from Softdent....alot of the insurance plans that came over from there had been added by many different people over many years. I have cleaned it up quite a bit but i find it odd that when i am going in Open dental to search an insurance plan that i know is in there, that it matters whether something is in upper or lower case...For example, some plans I search by group name or number ( like St09). It will not appear in the search if i put it in as st09...I find it aggravating to have to constantly flip back and forth to figure out exactly how it was in softdent, instead of it simply reading the language as a whole....We love our Open dental but do you know if this will ever be an update feature???

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: UPPER AND LOWER CASE SEARCHING IN EDIT INSURANCE

Post by jordansparks » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:04 pm

Sure, that sounds like an easy fix. I would almost call it a bug. What window are you in exactly when you do this search? The insurance plan edit window? Or are you searching from the main menu at the top of the main OD program?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drschulman

Post by drschulman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:13 am

It was definitely in the pick from insurance list that it happened, but strangely enough (unless you fixed it that quickly!!!) it seems to be fine!! We just updated to the newest version yesterday, so maybe that did the trick!! I will certainly reply again if I notice it again!! Thanks so much!!

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:39 am

We didn't touch it recently. When you say "pick from insurance list", does that mean you started out in the ins plan edit window and clicked "pick from list"?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drschulman

Re: Upper and lower case searching in edit insurance

Post by drschulman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:37 am

yes...that was of course the main source of the issue....because i went there a whole lot more than in the main search for insurance plans or carriers....it seems as though on this new version it searches differently in the pick from list??? its strange that there was no update to it at all because me and my co-worker were always frustrated looking up old insurance plans using the group names and numbers and now it looks different(pulls a different search) and works fine!!! Oh well as long as its ok!!!!