Accounting: Delete Transactions older than 31 March 2006

For users or potential users.
delhidentist

Accounting: Delete Transactions older than 31 March 2006

Post by delhidentist » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:12 am

Is it possible to delete a transaction entry in an Accounting ledger which is older than 31 March 2006. I have an old erroneous entry in a ledger account which I am not able to delete. I wish to delete the old transaction entry and delete that ledge account.

Alternatively, is there a way to delete all accounting ledgers and start afresh from the new financial year.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Accounting: Delete Transactions older than 31 March 2006

Post by jordansparks » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:02 am

Is it telling you why it won't let you delete it? Do you have a lock date that's interfering? I assume you are the admin. Did you give yourself that permission?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

delhidentist

Post by delhidentist » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:57 pm

I am able to delete accounting transaction details which are newer than 31-March-2006, but when I try to delete a transaction dated 31-March 2006, I get the pop up:
"Not Authorised for
Accounting Edit Entry
Date Limitation"

This is for transactions under ACCOUNTING - for example between bank account ledgers and Expense ledgers.

Also, I do not have any transaction older than 31-March-2006, so I do not know if this is true for all transactions older than 31-March-2006. I am able to delete newer transactions and empty ledgers and/or create new ledgers.

I am the Administrator, and I have set all features under security. I was not using the Accounting feature of the software till date, but had tested it earlier by making random 'test' entries. I wanted to start using the accounting features now, but am not able to delete these old 'test' transactions.

Is there any way of returning the 'Accounting' to its original state, without making any changes in Patient Payments/Details.

I am using foreign version 6.3.8.0

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:04 pm

OK. So the date limitation tells me that you must have set a date limitation on your accounting permission. Can you remove the date limitation?
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com