Amendment of existing form

For users or potential users.
macropod

Amendment of existing form

Post by macropod » Sat May 11, 2013 7:14 pm

As I browsed the existing forms, the first one I looked at was the registration form. There seems to be no provision for a home phone number despite asking for home number as an option for future contacts. I would like a home number in this form.

In Australia we have no need for social security details. Am I able to amend forms such as this, deleting. moving and adding fixed text and data fields and if so, how? I have tried copying using the copy button with the intention of pasting into a new form that I will be able to edit but this seems to go nowhere.

TIA

JB

jsalmon

Re: Amendment of existing form

Post by jsalmon » Sun May 12, 2013 10:57 am

Our internal patient form does not have a home phone field. You can create your own patient form and use the HmPhone input field which will digest input from the patient into their home phone number. I guess you could add it as a feature request for us to add HmPhone to our example that we give out but I doubt many will vote on it because everyone just makes their own personal sheets that have their office logo on it etc.

You can do anything you want to a sheet in the sense of moving, editing, adding, etc. I think you just need to read this page in our manual to get started: http://opendental.com/manual/sheets.html

The Copy and Paste buttons do not work between sheets mainly because there are many different sheet types. Some of which do not allow certain fields that are available on other sheets. What you want to do is make a duplicate of your entire sheet, rename it, and then delete all the unwanted fields but leave the fields that you were trying to "copy" over.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

macropod

Re: Amendment of existing form

Post by macropod » Tue May 14, 2013 1:14 am

Again Thanks.

Too excited and shooting from the hip.

Was about to cancel the help request as I had found the reference but saw you had been all over it already.

JB