Help with Villa Quickvision (QV) by Owandy

For users or potential users.
glamorgan

Help with Villa Quickvision (QV) by Owandy

Post by glamorgan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:10 am

Dear All

I am tried linking the "Villa Quickvision (QV) by Owandy" X-ray application from Owandy with my v12 OD, i followed this link already:

http://www.opendental.com/manual/bridgeOwandy.html

Now, FIRST: when i click on a new patient (who has no records in the Owandy Application), OD creates a new record in Owandy. when i shift to another patient and come back to the first one, it gets stuck! OD doesn't link to the newly created record!

also, when clicking on a patient who has a record in Owandy already within OD, OD doesn't link the two patients or prompt me to confirm the link, instead, it creates a totally new record.

Even when OD creates a new file/record in Owandy and while shifting between patients, the link stops working and no more links are created.

When it stops creating links, i try deleting last 2 newly created records and the linking will work again but of course with new records. OD only create 2-3 links and then stops.

Not sure what's happening, please help.

jsalmon

Re: Help with Villa Quickvision (QV) by Owandy

Post by jsalmon » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:10 pm

glamorgan wrote:Now, FIRST: when i click on a new patient (who has no records in the Owandy Application), OD creates a new record in Owandy.
Good, this is exactly what happens with most imaging bridges when a patient match cannot be found, a new patient will be created. Imaging softwares tend to require lots of matches, names, birth dates, SSN's, etc. In this case, Owandy wants the PatNum, First Name, and Last Name to match.
glamorgan wrote:...when i shift to another patient and come back to the first one, it gets stuck! OD doesn't link to the newly created record!
I have no idea what you mean when you "shift to another patient then back". Are you switching patients within the imaging software? What gets stuck exactly?
Regardless, anything you do within the imaging software will have no affect within Open Dental. There is no "reverse bridge" from the imaging software to Open Dental. This means if you create a new patient within the imaging software, Open Dental will never know about that patient. The best way to create a new patient within your imaging software is to simply create the patient within Open Dental and launch the bridge to the imaging software. The reasoning behind this is so that Open Dental AND the imaging software will have a common primary key or link. Think of it as a one way street from Open Dental to the imaging software.
glamorgan wrote:also, when clicking on a patient who has a record in Owandy already within OD, OD doesn't link the two patients or prompt me to confirm the link, instead, it creates a totally new record.
This is most likely due to the patient number within Owandy is different than the patient number within Open Dental. I'm assuming Owandy is treating patient #52 John, Smith and #13 John, Smith as two separate people thus it will just create a new record. For typical bridges, we allow using what's called a Chart Number, which would allow you to set the patient's chart number to 52 within Open Dental so that they match correctly. However, Owandy strictly uses the PatNum which you cannot change within Open Dental. Hopefully there is a way within the imaging software to change the patient numbers so that they match up to Open Dental's PatNum's.
glamorgan wrote:Even when OD creates a new file/record in Owandy and while shifting between patients, the link stops working and no more links are created.
Once again I have no idea where the shifting is taking place but I'm assuming within the imaging software. If you need to open images from a different patient, load them up in Open Dental and press the button for the Owandy bridge and then that patient should be loaded up if their patient number, first name, and last name match.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

glamorgan

Post by glamorgan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:44 am

hi, thanks for your response. what i meant by shifting is basically: changing the selection between patients. here is a simple way of explaining it:

1. you create a new patient record in OD while the QV is open in the background.
2. you click on the bridging link, open the QV x-rays system: a new account is created. So good so far.
3. you go back to OD, select another patient and click on the bridging link again: a new record is created again within QV x-ray application. so far so good again, right!
4. now, you select the first patient (created in Step 1) and click on the bridge: the QV does not show the patient details. QV gets kind of stuck on a blank screen.

I hope this explains the scenario further. We'll keep an eye on the patNum and chartNumber keys: we'll see what's the relationship between OD & QV. I shall update you with my observation.

Thanks again.

glamorgan

Post by glamorgan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:57 am

Hi there, any luck for me getting a response from you guyz?

my OD create a new account using the patNum once only for the patient. if you try bridging again, it gets stuck as described above, any ideas?

thanks

glamorgan

Post by glamorgan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:58 am

Hi again

I'm still struggling with this. The bridge works fine with V11 of OD but it doesn't with v12, could this be the reason?

ANy ideas what can i do?

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 am

In version 12.3 we added local path overrides to bridges. That has been the only change since 2009 for the Owandy bridge and since it's launching QV just fine, I highly doubt that caused you any grief. You might try running Open Dental as an administrator, and then you might try running it NOT as an administrator, I've seen it work one way and not the other with some bridges before. Have you tried closing out of QV every time you are done using it that way Open Dental launches a new instance every time regardless of if it's a new patient or a previously selected one?
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com