ScanX Bridge in OD for Patterson Imaging Software

For users or potential users.
eng2doc

ScanX Bridge in OD for Patterson Imaging Software

Post by eng2doc » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:00 am

Hello,

I am looking into purchasing ScanX digital imaging (Manufacturer: Air Techniques) through Patterson Dental. My Patterson representative informed me that I can use just the imaging module from their EagleSoft as the imaging software instead of Visix (cost being a big reason!)(I think Patterson has some sort of bridge to integrate). Recently, the same rep. informed me that OD might be working on the bridge to integrate with the EagleSoft imaging module. First, Is this the correct information?, if yes, when is OD planning to release such bridge and will bridge provide a seemless integration between OD and the imaging module.
If the above information regarding OD integration with EagleSoft imaging module is incorrect, Has anyone used the ScanX, EagleSoft imaging module in OD? How is the proformance and the integration?

Sorry for a long post.

Thanks in advance.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: ScanX Bridge in OD for Patterson Imaging Software

Post by jordansparks » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:00 am

Yes, our Patterson bridge has been functional for a few months.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

eng2doc

Post by eng2doc » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Jordan,
Thanks for the reply. Could you please let me know if I need to purchase the bridge separately or is it part of OD (I am planning to purchase OD in May 2011). If the bridge is separate, what is the cost and also, will I be able to directly open the patterson imaging directly into the OD?

Again, Sorry too many questions.

Thanks

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:26 pm

All of our bridges are included in the main program at no additional cost. When you open an imaging program using a bridge, the imaging program doesn't open "into" Open Dental. It opens in front of Open Dental. You can flip back and forth between the two programs as needed.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

eng2doc

Post by eng2doc » Sun May 01, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks Jordan. You guys Rock!

dc451098

Post by dc451098 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Just started a new practice and was trying to setup the bridge with patterson imagining. Do you have a setup document to get it functioning? I setup everything the way the patterson setup manual describes, which entails installing a data grabber with PIbridge. That is all setup correctly and can manually see patients from PIBridge but cannot load anything in Open Dental.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:57 pm

We have our own direct bridge. You don't need datagrabber. The Patterson manual wrong/old.
Jordan Sparks, DMD