Insurance plan field/Electronic claims

For users or potential users.
drschulman

Insurance plan field/Electronic claims

Post by drschulman » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:02 am

Every time a new insurance plan is added or updated by Us or a Trojan benefit update the Opendental automatically checks the box in the Insurance Plan screen - Dont usually send electronically (right next to the search ids button) . Now we send all of our claims electronically and i can go in the insurance plans list and uncheck all the plans that have the electronic claims box checked and then the next day several will be checked again. Then when i go to send claims under manage they all show as paper claims(the ones that have the dont send electronically box checked)??? Is it my trojan updating this?? I know it happens when i manually add a new plan myself, but there are several plans that i have unchecked that have gotten checked again??? Is there anyway to set my system up that wont have this as a default????

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Insurance plan field/Electronic claims

Post by jordansparks » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:02 am

Open up the Trojan Note for one of those plans. Look for the line similar to this:
Accepts E-Claims: YES
Does it look like that, or something else? If we don't see "YES", then we check the box. It does make more sense to just always assume they will accept e-claims. We can make that change. But I'm still curious if it's showing "YES".
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drschulman

Post by drschulman » Sun May 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Its says no!!! Which makes sense! Our claims clearinghouse prints any paper claims we may have so it still needs to get sent to them "electronically"....Is there any way for the Open Dental to assume all claims go elect. unless you manually check the box????

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sun May 02, 2010 2:15 pm

OK, great. We'll have it always unchecked from now on (starting in 7.1), under the assumption that everyone sends their claims to the clearinghouse even if they then get dropped to paper.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drschulman

Post by drschulman » Mon May 03, 2010 6:10 am

Thanks!!!!