Statement generation for patient

For requests or help with our API
beacondental

Statement generation for patient

Post by beacondental » Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:43 am

Hi Team,

Can you please guide me with an API or query on generating the latest statement document for a given patient number?
Last edited by beacondental on Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLeon

Re: Statement generation for patient

Post by SLeon » Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:44 am

Good morning,

The API does not currently have a Statements GET endpoint. We can add this to our development list, if you like.

You can use the Queries resource to run your query. The schema for the statement table can be found here.

beacondental

Post by beacondental » Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:27 pm

I request you to please add the statement GET API to your development list, and also using that API, will I be able to generate a PDF file of that statement for a specific patient? I mean will that statement response contain the statement text, as we have receipt text in the payments GET?

SLeon

Post by SLeon » Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:17 am

Good morning,

I have added Statements GET to our development list. Because our endpoints are based on table schema, the returned fields will be some or all of those found in the statement table.

If a pdf was already generated for this statement in Open Dental, then this new Statements GET will return the statements.DocNum field. You can use this in a Documents POST DownloadSftp request to retrieve the pdf. If a pdf was not already generated in Open Dental (i.e. the statement.DocNum==0), then you can generate your own statement pdf using the returned data.