Italian

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
ugokind

Italian

Post by ugokind » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:33 am

good afternoon Jordan. This is Guido (one of the two italian developers)
every day I update the repository, trying to read from the main modules the great code.

It's the first time I want to do my congratulation with a programmer. You are wonderful. Then, I know that this is not the right place to write compliments. :D .. but..

My first approach now is to comprehend what is skeleton of the program, the structure. It's very hard. I've printed the main rules you wrote that shows WHAT-TO-DO before applying every kind of commit (codingstyle page, boilerplate page etc.)
and I'm very careful before do anything.

The main intenction of Gabriele and Me is to make more 'italian' possible the entire program. And this will be achieved by two distinct way.

:arrow: 1) the project

The first is to fully-translate the program, because often there are in most of the forms words in English culture.
In italy (it's normal :roll: ) most of the Dentist doesn't speak English except those who have been completed studies early. All the university now require to pass an exam for speaking and studying in english but the most of those people don't speak english.. and I think that a little percent of them use the personal computer only to print bills or in the best ways to view the rx with a stand alone program.
There is a very etherogeneous scenario and this is one of the reason to consider your Program a good way to sell that.

Those people use and read only the technical english or inforamatical english.. as 'file' 'open' 'print' 'save'.. you see?

ok. I'm trying to explain you that all the forms must be translated -in toto. For example, in the main form you see in the top left corner a 'Select Patient' and this is wrote in the 1757 row of the FormOpendental.cs.. in LayouToolBar().
But the row respect your precious requirements.. in fact say
button=new ODToolBarButton(Lan.g(this,"Select Patient"),0,"","Patient");
then I thinked.. in my database in LanguageForeign table there must be a row called Select Patiend.. but in what Class Type?
All, MainMenu of FormOpendental? the only row like that is in ClassType 'FormPatientSelect' .. and ..yes.. in that form the translation works good.
But in the main form not.
Then:
I've added a row to test a modify.. in my local DB.
Classtype English Culture Translation
FormOpenDental Select Patient it-IT Seleziona Paziente

and this is not working. Why? If Lan.g(this is really the FormOpenDental.. and Select Patient is the phrase?

second question.. the third part of the function
button=new ODToolBarButton(Lan.g(this,"Select Patient"),0,"","Patient");
is the tooltip and in that example is blank.. can we add more code in respect to the lan.g method to add tooltips in the most of the forms?

third: in the main form there are other examples of words not translated.. like 'month' in the top right corner.. or the list items in the column in the central right side
lab cases
unconfirm
Leftmsg
Confirmed
NotHome
DiscNum
and Waiting Room..

Ok, well. This my first request, and it's important to have your approval in order to start working in the best of the ways.

:arrow: the second main distinct way
will start next year and only when we've finished this first step
and have the goal of arrange, tune, conform your program into Italian / European way to manage a Dental Business.
This includes the different way to work.. that i've explained you 4 years ago!
-the different way to fix appointment (usually by phone or the semestral check patient) that doesn't require any other information except the name and the number of the patient
-the different way to manage the payment and the job because in Italy there are not insurance with discount in dental pratice or guarantor or anything like to attest to have money BEFORE to be visited by a dentist. The only exception is when you're starting a strong operation or program like orthodontic or dental appliance etc.. that costs a lot of money and in that case the patiend DOESN'T show any grant or parent grants but only pay-before a part of the total value (we call 'CAPARRA' and this is used also to buy car, houses etc.. even if the documentations are different).
-then you are visited.. after that you pay without any other info regarding you and your parents.
-this is why in Italy and other country in Europe the dental system is apart from the national sanitaly system that cover most of the expenses of the patient but is privatistic. Altough this is privatistic it doesn't run like in USA with insurance, guarantor, , etc..
We prefer to leave the option for the unfrequeltly occasion when big dental studies are covered by loan companies. This is the only way when the patient must exibit its own salary or remuneration in order to continue the treatment.

we're thinking about to put (only with your approval or suggestion for better method to resolve that .. and only late in the future) a flag in the setup or in the option form to HIDE some parts and functionalities of the program. This can be resolved by putting in all of the forms -after the initialization- a particular flag. This is not the 'culture' adjustment.. because every country has very different way to manage the job.
for example if we have a check in the initialization form that see if you are in Italy (if there is a flag or parameter in the DB) and in every part of the form there is a check-return too, like 1 or 0, that match in the foreign language tables, then the form paint or not some parts. the same idea for other part of the program.

third: and last..
Is there a way to clean the db on the program? only to leave the db blank like you have installed for the first time?

thanks for reading this very long soup..
bye
guido cortese

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Italian

Post by jordansparks » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:15 am

Translations: I need to enhance the interface to let you search by English phrase instead of having to know the classType first. Until then, I can look up specific examples for you:
file, open, print, etc, ClassType=MainMenu
"Patient Select" ClassType=FormOpenDental
If you still can't find those items to translate, let me know and I will debug them.

I will put the enhanced interface as a high priority because it's kind of critical and has been planned for a long long time.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

ugokind

Re: Italian

Post by ugokind » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:52 am

Really!
I've tried as you wrote.. the solution is good! (using mysql db in correct class type)
but wrong for the other items in the left colums (i.e. waiting room)
in attached the image

please the image in 'preview' seems to be cut.
if you right-click with the mouse on and select to view the image you see the right column with the text to change..
but is only the beginning because there are a lot of windows to change.

I think you've read my long email.. my only worry is that me and g.cicala will spend more time and energy into this project, but without a very implementation of the ISO9001 laws and the italian standards in that environment it'll be difficult for us to compare that very good product with the others in the market that are obviously very strong in law matters. In Italy laws change every year and the core business for the most software houses is made of ticket of upgrade to the last laws and ISO/EN ita/european certification and quality.

this important fact is really not forgettable because the first question a Dentist do is:"is updated to the last laws?"

this is why I ask you to project in the future not only a better translation but a way to switch on or off rapidly a form on demand when a big culture changes.

but.. we must go on .. step by step.

thanks
'night
guido