We need more video tutorials on Open Dental

For users or potential users.
Baltar

We need more video tutorials on Open Dental

Post by Baltar » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:25 pm

It would be awesome if had more video tutorials to help new users understand all the features OD has to offer.

nathansparks

Re: We need more video tutorials on Open Dental

Post by nathansparks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 pm

IT is good to get the feedback, I will look into adding some more... any particular tasks that you are interested in?

Baltar

Post by Baltar » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Nothing specific. The more videos that better. Denticon has an awesome website where you can learn about the software by watching their online videos. Opendental is a better program, but having more video tutorials would be another improvement.

atd

Post by atd » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 am

I would like to see a video tutorial on adding a new insurance plan and benefits for a patient/family. With all of the deductible, frequencies, percentages, etc. I find users need a lot of training in this area. Would love to be able to point them to the website. :)

George

Post by George » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:27 am

Friends i too love to have a look of video tutorials on open dental. Waiting for others response too.

Brandon

Post by Brandon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:24 pm

I would like to see how one would go about going paperless ... charting etc. I just opened up a new office & want to go totally paperless. I was using DentalVision and was never happy with it. Dentrix is a fortune & friends say they really are not happy either. Open Dental seems to have good reviews. I just downloaded the trial version and have tinkered around but can not seem to figure out where & how one would create your clinical note for the procedures. Any help would be appreciated.

Brandon

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Hey Brandon, we switched to Open Dental and encountered the same issue with clinical notes. What we discovered is that there are several ways to do notes and it just depends on your preferences. I've created a real rough and sloppy tutorial to show how to add a group note located here: http://www.bensuz.com/wink_tutorial/Add ... 20note.htm

Brandon

Post by Brandon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Thanks BPCOMP .... that seems simple enough. For your signature do you have a jpeg file or are you using a signing pad? Also do you use a Topaz signature pad or iPad/tablet for patient to sign the electronic forms etc

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 am

I just scribbled with the mouse for the signature. I suppose ideally you would use a pad but in our office we just initial the note and don't really use the signature function.

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:58 am

Is there any interest in some simple walk-throughs created in Wink, or do people mainly want a video tutorial format?