New Software

For users or potential users.
Aaron.Bumann

New Software

Post by Aaron.Bumann » Mon May 05, 2008 9:04 am

We are a dental office in South Dakota that is looking at new software packages and looking for feedback from users, particularly if you practice in South Dakota.

Thanks

DavidWolf

Re: New Software

Post by DavidWolf » Mon May 05, 2008 1:49 pm

I am not in South Dakota, but you will be hard pressed to find an unhappy OD user in this forum.
I have used OD for almost 2 years. I have been very happy. We use the digital chart, bridge to our digital radiograph software and electronically bill insurance will no problems.
Not only is the program free but the support I have recieved for the most part has been excellent and is very reasonably priced.

gdbanks

Post by gdbanks » Mon May 05, 2008 5:51 pm

does not work with Firefox but looks great in IE.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Mon May 05, 2008 8:38 pm

I think the last post was put in the wrong topic. It refers to our very new and not-yet-released web version. I'm reposting your message in the right topic.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Shoagland

Post by Shoagland » Tue May 06, 2008 6:23 am

I converted from Softdent 8 months ago, it has been a great move. The quality of the product and support costs make OD outstanding value. There have been mutiple updates since I have been a user, totally diferent than the stagnant program I used to use. You will not be sorry if you become an OD user. SH DDS

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue May 06, 2008 9:42 am

We love OD, you will not be disappointed. We used to use Dentrix for 12 years, and I have used Total Recall for 5. I used Mogo, & Eaglesoft all before at other offices, as well as tried out many other "trial" programs from other places, and Open Dental is second to none overall. You can't beat the features, and responsiveness to your questions on this forum from other users as well as Jordan himself. Upgrades? They are slick. You can do them usually in a few minutes, where I remember with Dentrix usually it took me hours to get it to install properly on all my workstations.

One other really important thing to consider. If you plan on using more than 10 computers, you have to pay huge amount extra with most other programs for Windows server software, but with Open Dental you can have someone set you up a system for as many computers as you like for very minimal hardware cost, nothing else for software. (Using a Linux server and the MySQL database)
Last edited by drtech on Tue May 06, 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

DonDDS

Post by DonDDS » Tue May 06, 2008 9:43 am

Converted from Mogo since 2005. Eversince, 7 more offices from Nevada have used this software.
Next converstion will be from Dentrix 11 to OpenDental.
LumaDent, Inc | CEO & Founder
OD since 2006, ex-Mogo, ex-Dentrix

drforlano

Post by drforlano » Tue May 06, 2008 11:26 am

I highly recommend open dental. I thought my office was high tech, until i switched to Open Dental. Being an open source program, I feel the sky is the limit. The support is unsurpassed. You would be extremely satisfies with it's capabilities.

brentwood

Post by brentwood » Tue May 06, 2008 1:16 pm

I am in software industry for almost twenty years. My wife is a dentist. I get to check out a lot of dental software at the A-D-A conventions and in many dental offices. A lot of them are not of good quality and outrageously expensive. Open Dental is a great product with latest technology (.NET and mysql database server). It has some minor UI flaws. But overall this is a GREAT product, and inexpensive. I am even more amazed that it is developed by a dentist. Buy it. It cannot go wrong.