Big Bug in 20.3.23

For complex topics that regular users would not be interested in. For power users and database administrators.
kezian

Big Bug in 20.3.23

Post by kezian » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:48 pm

I was so happy to hear that patient Responsibility was included in this update it will make it so much easier to enter EOBs. I even pledged 300.00 to help facilitate this enhancement. I was a bit disappointed to see the bug. Basically it is very simple the Patient Responsibility is the same as the Patient Portion figure. This new Pat RESP figure is located on the Edit Claim window and the Entry Payment window. it should be the same figure as the patient portion amount in the edit claim procedure. the formula should be FEE - INS EST - W.O. = pat Responsibity (Patient portion Estimate ( this is in the edit claim window. In the enter payment window formula should be FEE - Ins payment - W.O. = pate Resp ( patient Portion).
I think the bug occurs in the fact that you have used the Amount Billed to Insurance instead of the FEE amount. I hope this is clear I have attached 2 examples with PPO percentage as well as Category percentage screen shots. Please call the office 323 467 2777 if it is unclear.
Also it would be very helpful to be able to see the TOTAL FEE in the bottom as the other TOTALS are visible.

Also if you really want to make it truly perfect and helpful , in the enter payment window allow the user to make the Patient Responsibility alterable, thus if you can over ride the entry in the patient responsibility column it will add it to the write off column Example if the write off is 90 and the patient responsibility is 50 , if you alter the patient responsibility to 25 then it will make the write off to 115 (90+25) currently you can only alter the w.o. , it would be so nice to make the pat resp alterable. this would be so helpful and you will be able to throw away your calculator when entering the EOB's .

Another small buy in the Goals window on the appointment book if there is a gross amount and a net amount for the daily production , it seems that the NET amount is cut off by 3 digits and not visible.

joes

Re: Big Bug in 20.3.23

Post by joes » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:03 am

Hello Dr. Kezian,
In reviewing the notes on your account, I see that you have been in touch with our staff via email regarding this issue and it appears that they are taking steps to resolve it. Also, the issue with the daily production field being cut off has been brought to the attention of our engineers.
Joe Sullivan
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

kezian

Re: Big Bug in 20.3.23

Post by kezian » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Hello Joes

Thanks so much for your prompt reply I have been in touch with Brian Miller but he can not alter the calculation as he states that this was the intent to show the Patient Responsibility and not the Patient Portion.
I feel that all the Docs and office managers that requested this approved feature enhancement #177 wanted to see the patient portion[/b] on the Enter payment window not the patient responsibility. They can be the same but if the billed amount to Ins is different that the FEE then the patient responsibility is of no use.

So the question which is more useful to show on the enter payment window or edit procedure window - the Patient portion or the Patient Responsibility ??

Thanks

AK