which imaging software is most cost effective?

For users or potential users.
ddc

which imaging software is most cost effective?

Post by ddc » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi,

I just got OD and am now trying to upgrade to digital xrays from analog. What is the best and most cost effective way to go in terms of software and processor?
My dental supply rep may be able to supply me with a practically free pspix2 processor by Acteon. Does anyone know anything about this equipment and software?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Justin Shafer

Re: which imaging software is most cost effective?

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:08 pm

A little bit, just through cameras.. Sopro sensors I think uses a Hamamatsu sensor.. You will be locked into their software but.... I would wonder more why they are giving this away for practically free...

PSP scanner should work with Apteryx (almost everything does) and Sopro Imaging.. I would get Apteryx.

Edit: yep, it works with Apteryx.
https://www.apteryx.com/apteryx-updates-site

Image quality won't be as good as a sensor.. stuff.

aliallam22

Post by aliallam22 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:28 pm

We use VixWin by Gendex. We've had no problems...their support is great and very helpful, and it integrates pretty well with OD

PhillyChen

Post by PhillyChen » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:02 am

another vote for Apteryx xrayvision.
it works with so many different sensors so that you are not stuck with proprietary

Jess

Post by Jess » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:20 am

Apteryx seems expensive, especially if you have many treatment rooms, but it does work better than the other stuff I've seen. Some sensors are sort of fiddly when used with the software that their manufacturer supplies, but these seem to work with no problem with Apteryx. I really like the fact that the licensing functions well even if you just have the whole installation on a shared network drive. (These are easier to back up.) It can still keep track of different client computers and it lets you switch licenses from one to another.

glen

Post by glen » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:29 am

DON'T GET TIGERVIEW WITH SCAN X- Rip off for support

supersasan

Post by supersasan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:26 pm

I have apteryx xvweb which is the cloud version. THere's a monthly fee so less upfront cost but more in the longterm. For me it takes more than 2 years to break even from what I remember.
They are fine. Customer service is Meh. Download speeds are super slow, so you need to set it up to save your data on the server and only download them if you don't have them in your database.