home Back up

For users or potential users.
glen

home Back up

Post by glen » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:30 am

1.I have downloaded the same version of open dental from the office to home computer and from the opendental image file- download file from setup
2. I stopped the mysql service
3. The name of my database is Ant20 and the server name is server2018
4, When I click the c: drive- I click the mysql but do not see the opendent folder

what do i do now? Also please let me know what to cut and paste using the database Ant20.
Both the to and from folder are E: drives

Thanks

cmcgehee

Re: home Back up

Post by cmcgehee » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:37 am

If you're having trouble finding the location of the database, you can run this query in Open Dental to find where your database is located:
SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES LIKE '%datadir%';
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:17 pm

Which you have to turn your MySQL service back on in order to do so. Another way would be to open up your Windows "Service Manager" > find the MySQL service in the list of services > right click > Properties > the "Path to executable" value should start with a path to a .exe file followed by a space and then a path to a my.ini file. Navigate to and open up that .ini file in your favorite text editor and there should be an entry in that file that says "datadir=[path to dbs]". The [path to dbs] will be where all of your databases are located.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:51 pm

On your home computer, Installing just the setup file from the OpendenImages is not enough to run OD on your home computer
Contact or Check Open Dental website for proper installation

In general, if you did not make a custom OD installation, your database Ant20 folder might be in the "data" folder
You need to open one more folder. C:\mysql\data\
IN GENERAL C:\mysql\data\opendental
All of your data and backups should be here

Probably your data is here C:\mysql\data\Ant20.

On your home computer, Stop the MySQL service
Copy and paste the Ant20 folder from your office, and paste it on your home computer in C:\mysql\data\
and remember to restart the MySQL service

Note:
You should never "cut" and paste your data.
You need to "copy" and paste.