Anybody using Brighter Schedule can share their experience?

For users or potential users.
rajg

Anybody using Brighter Schedule can share their experience?

Post by rajg » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:48 am

Brighter.com has been bugging our office. They want to install a service (as in program running in the background) on our Opendental server and expose the appointments to their servers. The company appears to be legit.

Can you please share your experience if you are using it with OD?

KristinAdahills

Re: Anybody using Brighter Schedule can share their experie

Post by KristinAdahills » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:36 pm

We use it and it works about 40% of the time. The new patient picks the time and you get an email asking if you want to accept or reschedule. If you choose to reschedule you can send the patient 3 new appointment times for them to review. There's no way to distinguish the type of appointment so sometimes the new patient will choose a time that is not for that type of appointment, i.e. cleaning in just the dr.'s schedule so I feel we are often rescheduling the patient from the option they choose to begin with.

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:04 pm

We are using Patient Communicator (https://www.totalrecallsolutions.com) and have been very happy with it.
We use the online scheduler, but in a limited way. We only let existing and new patients schedule their hygiene appointments, and that works great. They specify when they would like to come in and the software offers them times as close as possible to their request. If they book the appointment it is entered on the Open Dental schedule. We can also see the appointment alert on our Patient Communicator dashboard. We don't have a huge # of patients using it yet, but it is slowly catching on. Every appt that is scheduled is one that didn't take up my staff's time. We love it!
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:32 pm

We use Mopensoft Google calendar plugin and Simplybook scheduling , we have been using it for about 2 years now.
Bread and butter for our office. Existing and new patients use it.

http://www.drhaber.net/contact.htm

==============================================================================================================

1- Mopensoft Google calendar plugin will allow OD to sync to Google Calendar
2- Google Calendar will sync to simplybook.me
3- Now your patients can make their appintments online with siimplybook scheduling service, real time scheduling
No 3rd party will access your OD database

4- Email is sent from simplybook.me to the provider informing the office that a booking is made.
5-On your desktop, you get a pop up that an appointment was made online
6- Front office enter the appointment in OD,
7- and Mopensoft plugin autosync, will sync OD to Google Calendar again automatically

All done automatically once these setups are done
Mopensoft plugin 30 days free trial and $139/year after
Simplybook $0 - "FREE" for less than 50 booking per month

More info available here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6451

Arna

Post by Arna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:24 pm

I just got a call from Brighter regarding their service and it was REALLY concerning.
My call got escalated to their "IT" because I was asking about how they connect to the database. Their answers didn't instill much confidence regarding their legitimacy. It was very obvious to me that he didn't really understand what he was talking about. By the sounds of it, they rely on the fact that most installs of Open Dental use the database name "opendental" and that the MySQL username is "root" with the default password. (yikes!!)
I told them that we don't ever install any instance of MySQL with the root username and we don't ever install the database with a name "opendental".
They were still pretty insistent on getting access to the server.... NOPE!

If you do go with them, be sure to get a BAA before you let them in and know that you are giving them access to your entire patient records.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

rajg

Post by rajg » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Arna wrote: I told them that we don't ever install any instance of MySQL with the root username and we don't ever install the database with a name "opendental".
They were still pretty insistent on getting access to the server.... NOPE!
Thanks Arna, we ignored them and they have stopped calling. I had my doubts about opening up our patient DB to third party anyway. BTW You mentioned that you use another user instead of root. Can you please tell me which access rights do you give to this non-root user in mysql? From day one, I did not like that OD uses root user for everybody and no password.