Automation

Only for sharing sheets, icons, forms, etc. Please do not post requests.
bpcomp

Automation

Post by bpcomp » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:17 pm

I am constantly trying to find ways to automate and make the day to day tasks just a bit quicker and easier. I've ended up using AutoHotKey to manage a lot of this. The latest addition to our automation is a script that will enter 323 as many times as requested for Perio charting. When you have a row of 14 teeth with all the same probing, it can get tiresome to enter 323 over and over. This bit of script in AHK will bring up a dialog that asks how many healthy teeth and then enter 323 that number of times.

If anyone has any interest or questions about how to get this set up in your office, please let me know and I'll go in to more detail.

Code: Select all

^!p::	
InputBox, ite, "Perio", "How many teeth in a row are healthy?"
Loop %ite% {
  sleep 10
  send 3
  send 2
  send 3
}

djanash@mac.com

Re: Automation

Post by djanash@mac.com » Sat May 12, 2018 4:52 pm

Can this be used to automate a daily report and then send an email to me?

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Tue May 15, 2018 7:29 am

I'm sure it could, you would just have to write the script that performs the actions.

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue May 15, 2018 12:10 pm

interesting, never tried AutoHotkey, sounds powerful! :)
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

noestervemb

Post by noestervemb » Thu May 17, 2018 11:10 am

What else do you use it for? I guess you could use it for a multitude of daily reports to be emailed to you in the morning etc?

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Tue May 22, 2018 11:54 am

We use it every day. The main thing is it helps us in the front office to save time typing. I can type "lmn" and hit space, autohotkey will expand that shortcut to "Left message for next day reminder." I can hit control + shift + s and autohotkey will focus OpenDental and then click on the select patient button without me having to use the mouse. When we are putting notes on an appointment, we like to put date and time. All we have to do is hit control +t and we get the time now and date like this: ---11:44 AM Tuesday, May 22, 2018---.

This is all from a script I wrote for our office. Here is an example one I made that could be adapted to almost any office. https://pastebin.com/LzgXxZ68
If you install AHK and use this script, press control +h when it is running to get the help menu I created for it.

edneum2

Post by edneum2 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:20 pm

From looking at your 323 script, it looks like "ite" is what gets used to prompt for an input number and then have the output text (i.e. 3 2 3) repeated that number of times. Do you know what you would use if you wanted the input number (call it "n") to have output text repeated n x 3 number of times? So in other words, what would you have to change, or add to "ite", in order to get the script to execute as follows: It prompts for the number of teeth. You enter 10. Then the output text you have specified gets repeated 30 times.
Many thanks in advance for any help.
- Elliot