How does Ortho Chart work?

For users or potential users.
alhalwachi

How does Ortho Chart work?

Post by alhalwachi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:03 am

Hi

How does Ortho Chart work (in version 11?), when i click on it, i see a window divided into 2 panes: Patient fields and Ortho dates! I don't see an ortho chart? how does it look? how does it work?

Kindly advise

TanT

Re: How does Ortho Chart work?

Post by TanT » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:30 am

The top half of the Ortho Chart are the Patient Field Definitions and will always be listed, you are not able to choose which PatFieldDefs to display in the Ortho Chart yet. You can set those up under Setup | Patient Field Defs.

The bottom half is the Ortho Chart Display Fields. The default is just the Date field which takes up the entire line. To add Ortho Chart Fields go to Setup | Display Fields | Ortho Chart. Type in your field name in the New Field box then hit the blue left arrow to move it to the Fields Showing section and it will display on the Ortho Chart next to the Date Field. When you don't want to use that field anymore you can highlight that field under Fields Showing and use the right blue arrow to move it to Previously Used Fields and it will no longer display on the Ortho Chart.

For example you could add fields like: Upper Wire, Middle Wire, & Lower Wire. In the Ortho Chart their these columns will appear and you will be able to type in these columns.

Double clicking on the added field in the Setup Display Fields window will allow you to change the width of the field displayed in the Ortho Chart and the description.
Tanya Support Tech #16
Open Dental Software

alhalwachi

Post by alhalwachi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Thanks, will try that.

Smilesbypayet

Post by Smilesbypayet » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:32 am

I just asked a question on another thread about this, and maybe my answer is already spelled out here. We are using version 7.9.15 -- do we need version 11 to use the Ortho Chart?

{EDIT} Nevermind.....just saw Jordan's answer on another thread. Guess we will need to update to version 11, but I don't really want to beta test. How stable is v.11, really?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:21 am

11.0 is no longer beta.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

Smilesbypayet

Post by Smilesbypayet » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:29 am

Great! In that case, I guess I will need to go update it today.

jourdo

Post by jourdo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:07 pm

As opposed to starting another thread on the subject, I thought I would post my question here.

When you set up the definitions and create what you want in the chart you can set the width of the field. However, if you place some notes in there (like I have it set up), it is one long line that disappears at the end of the field. It is still readable, but you have to click on it and arrow across to see everything. Is there a way to set up the text to "wrap" down to the next line once you hit the fixed width? Does this make sense?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Well, we thought most of the notes would be very short. We did not anticipate the need for text wrap. It's something we would have to put some work into, so it's classified as a feature request.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drtech

Post by drtech » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Yes, I would greatly appreciate text wrap also. notes have to be longer we find a lot of times and they become invisible. If you just include them in the progress notes like we described either above or in another thread that would also be great.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

thinkortho

Post by thinkortho » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Would it be possible on the Ortho Chart to be able to add drop down boxes on the Ortho Chart part? This would then allow for very simple imput of OH scores 1-5, upper wire sizes, lower wire sizes, and even the time frame when patient needs to be seen again (4-6 weeks, 6-8 weeks etc.).

Also could someone please tell me how the patient fields at the top of the ortho chart are best utilized? I am really unclear what information would be usefule to place up there. Any ideas would be great.