Hosting the Mobile App

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
alhalwachi

Hosting the Mobile App

Post by alhalwachi » Thu May 19, 2011 4:17 am

Dear All

Can I host the "Mobile app" on my own server? and if so, how can I do that?

Kindly advise..

Regards;

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Hosting the Mobile App

Post by jordansparks » Thu May 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Yes, you can. The front end is mostly an ordinary asp.net web service. You'd have to run your own mysql database. You could figure out what tables/columns are needed by dissecting the C# code. You also have to run a web service to handle the synching. It's a bit of work, and we don't have time to write out instructions or to walk you through it. But, if you have a lot of time on your hands or if you are motivated to do it for some reason, it's certainly possible. The source code for all the web services involved is part of our standard code posted online.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

alhalwachi

Post by alhalwachi » Tue May 31, 2011 7:45 am

thanks for your reply. Here is how i understand it. The web service will run on the OD server and communicate to the online hosted application. can you outline the structure and location of each component. will i have to host OD database on my host and then synch through the local web service? what about my hosting, what do i uploaed there?
I just need some genenral guidelines to get me started.
Thanks;

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:41 am

I already did give you the outline. You run MobileWeb and WebHostSynch on your web-facing public server. You also run MySQL on that or a connected server. On your current OD server, you do not run a web server. You run the ordinary MySQL database (not the same one as above), and the ordinary Open Dental software.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com