Patient Classifications - Categories

For users or potential users.
alhalwachi

Patient Classifications - Categories

Post by alhalwachi » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:51 am

Dear All

I need your expertise in some options I'd like to have in OD, some of which I believe may exist already, these are:

1. Having a variable price based on pre-selected time spans: this means, if a customer comes in certain hours (e.g. Peak Hours), we should apply extra pre-defined charges.
2. Having variable prices based on customer types (e.g. Normal, VIP, Corporate): For instance, a VIP is charged more as he/she will get special services other normal customer won’t get. Can we classify customers based on their type?
3. Categorizing customers based on their behavior: for example a “blacklisted” customer shall not be admitted, a “violent” customer should also be rejected,a customer who tend “not to pay” should be marked in the system, a "normal" customer will have no issues ...etc

Thanks

Jorgebon

Re: Patient Classifications - Categories

Post by Jorgebon » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:05 am

I don't think OD can do #1, but you could request it as a new feature. Number 2 and 3 can be done. You would have to make a fee schedule for each of the patient categories. I would recommend naming each schedule something descriptive (such as VIP). Then you select the fee schedule you want to assign to the patient in the Edit patient information window. As for patients you want to blacklist, the best thing to do is make a popup for that patient describing the problem. That way whenever the patient calls to make an appointment, the popup will warn the user to not give the appointment without your permission.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005