Missing [Delete] /Documents

For requests or help with our API
graham_mueller

Missing [Delete] /Documents

Post by graham_mueller » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:56 am

It appears the documents api does not support updating, "breaking," or deleting documents. Am I missing an option for this? Could this be added otherwise? I'm also unable to do so via the ShortQuery API, I hadn't realized this was readonly.

justine

Re: Missing [Delete] /Documents

Post by justine » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:16 pm

graham_mueller wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:56 am
It appears the documents api does not support updating, "breaking," or deleting documents. Am I missing an option for this? Could this be added otherwise? I'm also unable to do so via the ShortQuery API, I hadn't realized this was readonly.
Hello graham_mueller,

Could you please elaborate on what "breaking" a document is?

You are correct, we currently do not have a documents PUT endpoint. However, I can research adding the ability to an update existing document's fields. What specific fields are you interested in changing on a document?

I have added researching the ability to delete a document via the API, to our development list.

All queries submitted via the API are read only, as stated in the Queries documentation.

Thanks!

graham_mueller

Post by graham_mueller » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:39 pm

With regard to "break," I just meant delete. Apparently this language is only used in the API for appointments, and perhaps has a different connotation than I realized. We're just looking for a mechanism to either replace an existing document with a new version, or delete an old document and then add again after.

justine

Post by justine » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:57 pm

graham_mueller wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:39 pm
With regard to "break," I just meant delete. Apparently this language is only used in the API for appointments, and perhaps has a different connotation than I realized. We're just looking for a mechanism to either replace an existing document with a new version, or delete an old document and then add again after.
I understand. Yes, breaking an appointment is very different than deleting an appointment.

Adding the ability to update an existing document (category, provider, description, type, tooth numbers, etc) or deleting an existing document (delete document row from database and associated document from wherever it is stored) has been added to our development list.

Thanks!