Appointment length

For requests or help with our API
saskia

Appointment length

Post by saskia » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 pm

I'm looking at the appointment API (https://www.opendental.com/site/apiappointments.html) and was hoping to be able to see how long an appointment is. Am I overlooking something or can I make a feature request? Thanks!

DerekR

Re: Appointment length

Post by DerekR » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 pm

Good Afternoon Saskia,

An appointments length is stored in the Pattern field of the appointment table. See the Appointment Table Schema for more information.

Thanks!

saskia

Post by saskia » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 pm

Good afternoon!

Thanks for the quick response - good to know which field I'm looking at but struggling to understand how the values work. I think
"Pattern": "//XXXX//"

Means 2 x 5 minutes assist time, followed by 4 x 5 minutes doctor time followed by 2 x 5 minutes assist time? For a total of 40 minutes?

Thanks!

DerekR

Post by DerekR » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:53 pm

saskia wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:23 pm
Good afternoon!

Thanks for the quick response - good to know which field I'm looking at but struggling to understand how the values work. I think
"Pattern": "//XXXX//"

Means 2 x 5 minutes assist time, followed by 4 x 5 minutes doctor time followed by 2 x 5 minutes assist time? For a total of 40 minutes?

Thanks!
You are absolutely correct, '/' represents assist time and 'X' represents doctor time. Both '/' and 'X' characters represent 5 minute increments which is used to determine the length of the appointment.