It is possible to API call on windows Open Dental to ubuntu machine

For requests or help with our API
Roonyx

It is possible to API call on windows Open Dental to ubuntu machine

Post by Roonyx » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 pm

My Scenario - I want to Integrate Open Dental API with my own application where data of patients, appointments, and clinics I want to fetch or pull from Open Dental to my application and store data into my own application table,

Problem 1 - I work on an ubuntu machine and Open Dental is installed on a windows machine, So how can I fetch the data from open dental or call API from open dental to ubuntu?

Problem 2 - We only get only those responses, those mentioned in the API doc, Example - For patient data API we get GET /patients/48 endpoint and we get the response that is mentioned in the API doc only?

Problem 3 - Can we get images of patients, patient plans,s and tooth images from Open Dental API?

Problem 4 - We need to buy Open Dental for API access or for pulling real data from Open Dental using API.

justine

Re: It is possible to API call on windows Open Dental to ubuntu machine

Post by justine » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:14 am

Roonyx wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:36 pm
My Scenario - I want to Integrate Open Dental API with my own application where data of patients, appointments, and clinics I want to fetch or pull from Open Dental to my application and store data into my own application table,
Good morning Roonyx,

I understand that you're interested in developing an application that uses Open Dental and our API, that's great!
Problem 1 - I work on an ubuntu machine and Open Dental is installed on a windows machine, So how can I fetch the data from open dental or call API from open dental to ubuntu?
You can develop in any language or environment you'd like. Open Dental API is a RESTful resource. Most folks begin testing with ARC (Advanced REST Client) or POSTman. This allows developers to create and test custom HTTP requests. From there, you can develop in nearly any language. For example, Python has a requests library that some developers use to GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE data via the Open Dental API.
Problem 2 - We only get only those responses, those mentioned in the API doc, Example - For patient data API we get GET /patients/48 endpoint and we get the response that is mentioned in the API doc only?
Open Dental's API is well documented. The examples you see there are what you will get when utilizing each individual resource.
Problem 3 - Can we get images of patients, patient plans,s and tooth images from Open Dental API?
Yes, you can absolutely get images and documents via the API. Please see my previous post explaining this.
Problem 4 - We need to buy Open Dental for API access or for pulling real data from Open Dental using API.
You will need a non-trial version of Open Dental.

Additionally, there is an Open Dental YouTube channel.