Moved OD db now cant access new data

For requests or help with our API
baoluan1

Moved OD db now cant access new data

Post by baoluan1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:57 am

Our company recently changes IT support vendors for one of our clinics. In doing so we went from housing the OD db in a vendor supplied AWS VPC to an in-clinic server supported by the new company. Since doing the switch I am unable to get updated data via the API. I even tried changing to a new API key i had them load in. I am able to pull data up until that date but nothing new past that migration date.

The IT company believes it has to do with their firewall settings and asked for the IP my requests would be coming from. Is there a static IP the API endpoint (https://api.opendental.com/api/v1) requests would be coming from I can give them to whitelist?

justine

Re: Moved OD db now cant access new data

Post by justine » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:00 pm

baoluan1 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:57 am
Our company recently changes IT support vendors for one of our clinics. In doing so we went from housing the OD db in a vendor supplied AWS VPC to an in-clinic server supported by the new company. Since doing the switch I am unable to get updated data via the API. I even tried changing to a new API key i had them load in. I am able to pull data up until that date but nothing new past that migration date.

The IT company believes it has to do with their firewall settings and asked for the IP my requests would be coming from. Is there a static IP the API endpoint (https://api.opendental.com/api/v1) requests would be coming from I can give them to whitelist?
Hello bauluan1,

It sounds like your AWS setup may still be functional and you're receiving data from there instead of the new endpoint.

baoluan1

Post by baoluan1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:04 pm

I created a new API key specifically for the new db location and im pulling with that key which is only in the new software not the AWS instance with the old company.

justine

Post by justine » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:23 pm

baoluan1 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:04 pm
I created a new API key specifically for the new db location and im pulling with that key which is only in the new software not the AWS instance with the old company.
baoluan1,

Only one eConnector per key set can be active at a time and it is likely that your AWS instance is still up and running. On the new location, if you go to eServices and click the 'eConnector Service' button, what is reported?

It is likely you'll need to stop services at both locations and then start them on only the new location. This should establish the new location as the correct eConnector.

Open Dental : Tools -> Misc Tools -> Service Manager