Balances don't subtract insurance. Behavior.

This forum is for programmers who have questions about the source code.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Balances don't subtract insurance. Behavior.

Post by jordansparks » Thu May 01, 2008 9:47 am

We got a complaint from an office which is using this option. Their complaint was that we shouldn't even show at all the amount expected from insurance because it confuses the patient as to what their balance is. Keep in mind this is an office that truly does not receive the payment from the insurance company. All payments go directly from the insurance company to the patient. And this is exactly what the option was intended for from the very beginning. It was NEVER intended to be used by any office that was accepting assignment of benefits. Especially now that the account running balance shows the true balance rather than taking insurance into account. I think it's time to tell offices that do accept assignment of benefits to uncheck that box. Now, for the office that complained, I think we should indeed remove the expected insurance from the statements.

I would just go ahead and do it, but I think Dr. Fuchs has this box checked improperly. So I wanted to discuss it here first.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drtech

Re: Balances don't subtract insurance. Behavior.

Post by drtech » Thu May 01, 2008 2:28 pm

Not any more. We used to use this option before the account module change, but now we use it the way it was intended. The new estimates and math works great for us now. It is fine by us to go ahead and change the behavior to take out those estimates and whatever else you need to do.

While we are on that subject, I there are a couple of things I would like to modify on the statement and top of account module again, but we can discuss it later on...I've got other things to deal with now!
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com